Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone suggest a Machine shop to reem some spindles in SoCal.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazy Backyard Builder, Mar 22, 2010.

1. I have a set of spindles that need to be reemed for a larger ball joint, I know I can buy a reemer to do it myself but I am looking for a machine shop that could do it for me. I am located in North Hollywood.

Thanks,

CBB

2. Try Richard Lacy at [email protected], (626) 338-2282. If he can't do it he probably can recommend someone. Wish I knew of someone a little closer.

Charlie Stephens

3. Bob's Tool and Die on Laurel Cyn, he is next door to the big car auction place near Sherman Way. Best I can tell you is the building is made out of "red brick".

4. JMaurice

JMaurice
    from Kustomland

CBB-

I know this is an old post... which machine shop did you end up going with?

I've been in the NoHo area for about a year now and am picking up my first West Coast ride this week... a '63 F-100. It has later model wheels (they gotta go!) and the original bolt pattern so I'm looking for a shop that can rework the rear axles to a standard Ford car pattern so I can go with chrome reverse.

Thanks!
    John

5. find a hard core stock car racer that has been running for 25 years they usually have to fabricate and change spindles

it takes a special reamer or one that has been modified
    i used to use one that was close enough for a off road car:rolleyes: