Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone recommend a Autobody shop around Jacksonville, NC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Got a call from the kid & it seems over the weekend someone vandalized his truck. He says it looks like someone took a chain to his tail lights, bed & tailgate and did quite abit of damage. So he asked me to ask my friends out in the BIGG WWW.com could recommend a body shop in the Jacksonville, NC area that would work w/him with the deductible since he a broke Military person.
    Any help would be great...TIA...joe

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

It wouldn't be called an 'estimate' if it was "for sure"........in that case it would be called the 'quote' or 'the price'........and let's not forget the typical customer who adds on work during the process, without upping the 'estimate' in his mind, then complains when the bill is higher at the end. And none of that even takes into consideration the hidden problems that so often rear their ugly head during the process. "try walking a mile in the other guy's moccasins"

3. Well let's see where do I start....................

1st off he wants a good shop that won't rake him through the coals & give him a fucked up repair job. So he needs a "quote" on what work will be done, nothing more nothing less.

2nd, there are shops that will work w/you(eat) on the deductable, I know this because a lot of them even advertise it, but since my son works from 6am to 5pm everyday (and live 1000miles from home so I can't do it for him like the last time)it's kinda hard to get to even get to a shop that is open w/out having someone doing it for him and he would like to be there so he know exactly what he's going to get.

As far as him wanting any shop to do anything illegal, that is the fartherest thing from h is mind. Like himself, I know how some place will take advantage of people because of who or what they may do for a living. All he wants is a reputable shop that will give him what is paid for & possibly either eat the deductable or help him w/it...

If he was back home he'd fix it himself or let his old boss who owns a body shop & is the shop my son worked at before joining the Marines...joe