Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone identify these wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Locomotive Breath, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

I recently purchased a '50 GMC "350" COE. It was missing a few pieces most of which I have already located or purchased. The one thing I thought was going to be an easy find was finding two more matching wheels. They are 20", hub piloted, and use 5 big lugs front and rear. They are not the common 5 lug front and 10 rear wheels that most of these trucks have on them. Anybody seen these wheels on something else?

Attached Files:

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

A 350? Hmm, maybe it never had duals

4. Hip

Hip

Reminds me of classic industrial fork lift or aircraft "Tug" wheels to me.

5. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Yea, I've seen them on something else. An even older GMC COE...

I don't think they are easy to find. My buddy who has some is looking for more and has not found very many.

6. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

I wonder if they are COE only? The truck is an old U.S. Dept. of Interior truck. I sure would like to find 2 more to complete the set.

7. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I suppose that could be, but I doubt it. COE only running gear doesn't make any sense. OldGMCTrucks.com is your best bet for good information on these. If you don't find it there it might be real hard to find.

8. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Yeah, I have already been looking over at OldGMCTrucks too. Good guys over there. I agree it doesn't seem like they would have been COE only though. I've seen the same wheels on other old trucks but they were 6 lugs instead of 5.