Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone ID this Adaptor??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys1330, Jul 7, 2009.

1. willys1330

willys1330

4 bolt to 3 bolt carb Adaptor with Letters DP - F on it. The Person I got it from said it came off his stock Car?

Attached Files:

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Maybe a Dodge-Plymouth 1 bbl to Ford two bbl. Some guy was looking for one of those here a few days ago.

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

It's a nearly universal one barrel to Ford carb adaptor...it is actually for two bolt base, fitting both fore-and-aft or lateral flanges or allowing the Ford carb to set normally or sideways to fit linkage arrangements on the one barrel car. I think the DP is a familiar speed equip logo, but the coffee hasn't reached that brain cell yet.

4. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Several companies sold them; I used to have some n.o.s. in Fenton boxes.

5. carbking

carbking

*&^%$#@ timeout got me again!

Answer:

Universal 3 bolt flange two-barrel (some Carter WD-0, Carter WCD, Carter WGD, Chandler Grove/Holley AA-1 and some 2100, Stromberg EE-1) to 1 barrel (either straight flange or cross-flange style). Cannot tell from the pictures the S.A.E. 1 barrel size. This may be determined by measuring the center-to-center of the bolt holes ACROSS from each other on the 4 bolt flange (its for a 2-bolt 1-barrel). Size 1 would measure 2 3/8; size 2 would measure 2 11/16; size 3 would measure 2 15/16.

I am unfamiliar with the brand DP, but many different companies made the adapter. You can still buy new Chinese ones.

Jon.