Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can anyone help ID this Media Blasting cabinet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EBW, Mar 17, 2015.

1. EBW

EBW

This is my latest project that i picked up. Problem is it's missing the main components. Looking for some help from the HAMB as I'm sure there are a few who can answer my question.
    I've searched here and the internet.
    I have found info on all types of blasting cabinets, but none that are similar to the one I picked up. I'm looking at the siphon system that TP sells, but am not sure what the 3" diameter tube in the front that goes down to the bottom of the cabinet. Is this for the pickup to go ? Is this a vent ?? There is a cap that inserts in the bottom... or top. Just not sure what its function is. Should I try to work with it or plug it up and forget about it?
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

2. Just a guess, but it looks like adapted from some other sort of use that requires a closed environment, perhaps medical.

3. EBW

EBW

It could be. Thanks for the input.

Unless anyone else chimes in with this, I think I will remove it and weld in a cover.

4. spooler41

spooler41

Looks like the syphon tube for the sand pickup would come out of there.
    That is the lowest point of the media collection area and the drain point to
    empty the hopper.

......................... Jack

5. midnight auto parts

midnight auto parts
    from tn

is this the hook-up for ur vacumn system/dust collector. where does the pic-up and gun lines come in?

6. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Just plug it with a sheetmetal cap if it's a standard size...or make one, without it it's a real pain to empty thee sand....the riser is within the system, I'd leave it alone, maybe put there to balance the air? Make sure to clean out all the crap if you don't know what it is. you will need a hole for the air hse, and another fitting for some sort of dust collector...like an old shop vac...and go to town.

7. EBW

EBW

Thanks for all the replies.
    This is how I received it, and I am trying to figure out what parts I need to get it going.
    So far I know I need the pickup tube, gun, and lines as well as gloves, glass lens, and expanded metal for the grate.
    There are two holes in the door for vent and possible vacuum hookup.