Register now to get rid of these ads!

can anybody tell me who may have built this dragster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jlj9149, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jlj9149

jlj9149
    from texas

2. dave phritzie

dave phritzie
    from us

Dont mean to be a SA, but it doesn't look like anyone finished it. Maybe got started...

3. jlj9149

jlj9149
    from texas

well yea i disassembled it to restore it im just tryin to see if any body recognizes chassis characteristics so i can find out who made back when

4. brandon

brandon

any numbers stamped by the cage...?

5. jlj9149

jlj9149
    from texas

not that i could find but ill look again

6. riceman

riceman

Not a west coast built chassis. Whoever put the new cage on screwed up and the rollbar rear head hoop is upside down. Looks more of a homebuilt chassis from 1963-1964.

7. dave phritzie

dave phritzie
    from us

do you have any pic of it before you took it apart, somebody might recongnize it better that way, especially since a sponsor or particular sticker might help on its age since companies come and go.

8. 69fury

69fury

You found my rail!!! stolen from me back in '86. Turn the frame over, and check out the rear upright for the roll bar. It's rusty and dirty, right?:rolleyes: Where are you located at, I'll be right over to pick it up....

Sorry i'm no help but it looks like your gonna have a neat machine when done.
    -rick

9. Glenn Cupit

Glenn Cupit

Did you get this chassis from a guy who had it stored in a storage facility in the Gulfport, MS area? Glenn - in Louisiana please reply to: [email protected]

10. Glenn Cupit

Glenn Cupit

Can you send more close-up photos? Especially the front cross-member center.
    Glenn -in Louisiana
    Please respond to: [email protected]

11. oj

oj

Looks like one of the kits that were out there, a sportsman chassis by the look. Some pics of the front end will help, is it a torsion bar? What welding technique? Some of the welds looked a bit overly large, an SFI shop would have made nice, clean TIG welds. I have seen similar seat configuration come from what is now S&W shop in pennsylvania, i don't recall his name (before the two founders created the S&W shop) but he might have made or sold it as a kit form.