Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anybody give me advice, or pointers on SBC with tri 94's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KROWN Kustoms, Jul 14, 2009.

1. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Thinkin of going with 94's over rochesters on my small block. Any info would be well received! Just trying to do my homework before I make my intake selection. Tired of selling brand new parts because I change my damn mind. Thanks!

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

3. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Thanks Dreddy bear! Looks like you have had your hand in this before. Do you run the same jetting in all of the carbs? Sorrry for all of the questions, just want to learn my basics on a advanced curve (got a listing on egay im watching on some carbs).

4. Crease

Crease

Just my opinion, but I think Rochesters are better carbs and make more sense on a SBC. If you were runnin a flat head, no question, 94s or 97s. I have a 94 set up for my 33 and its good for about a 1-2 second increase in ET. Love the way they look, quite reliable but would go Rochester if I had it to do over.

5. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Come on guys, any info or even hear say would be awesome.

6. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

I somewhat agree with you, but from what I have read rochesters need more work and you need a matching set? How true is this, and how finnicky are they? Opposed to 94's? I honestly have no knowledge of running tri's. All the info I have is 12 and 1471 blower set ups, done a couple of those but all four barrels.

7. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Another vote for the Rochesters. I am doing the same thing on an early SBC, running 2G's on an Edlebrock manifold. As for matching, the two end carbs act as secondaries and if you run progressive linkage, you can set them up to come in when you want them. Lots of setups available and Speedway sells a kit to turn them into a Tri-Power setup. 94's are old technology by comparison.

8. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

\

Thanks for the info. Looking at the cfm ratings seems like I can run the 94"s as is? Just gotta make some linkage changes, is this true? Everything that ive read seems like more headaches with the rochesters?

9. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

"True Tri-Power Operation and Function = Primary Carb & Secondary Carbs. We have always used the versatile Rochester 2GC in ALL 35+ applications that we build, and just like the factory used to do it, we too build Our Tri-Power so that there is never, ever, any ‘Carb Syncing’ to be done! Everything runs and idles through the center, main operator carb only. The ends are there for use, but only when YOU decide to put your foot into it (just like the back half of a 4bbl.). At that time, the progressive linkage pulls the end carbs open and away you go. This makes for a very efficient design maximizing both Fuel Economy and Power!!
    Be aware that ALL Stromberg - Holley - Webber - BG - C&S - will require the task of syncing"

read the rest....

http://www.hotrodcarbs.com./intro.php

10. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Syncing is understandable, but you run the same carbd, correct? Iknok you have to run a different center on the rochesters, correct? Educate me please.

11. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

I cant spell tonight. Damn Vista!

12. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've just gone through the sync'ing thing with my 4 carb set up using Stromberg 48's. While it is a pain, it is a lot of fun and a major learning experience. I for one believe that the 94 / 97 / 48 look just can't be beat when building a period car. Just my 2 cents

13. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Thanks for the insight guys.

14. hvychvy

hvychvy

Pm dickster27 on here for all your 94 needs,the man is a true guru:D

15. Geoffrey

Geoffrey

94s look way better and if your using progressive then it should be fine. am working on a set up for my truck right now and am using 94s i like they way they look

16. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

I agree on the 94 being a better lokking carb hands down. I think Im going to go that route, since Im running a mild small block I should have no proble with them. Let me know how yours turns out Geoffrey. Thanks.