Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can a guy go to far improving a good thing?guess not........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, Sep 16, 2003.

1. I should be shot for making light of someones dream car ,but I guess its turn about,as I have been the brunt of a joke or two myself.... we tend to rationalize the unthinkable as a group I guess. [I built a 41 chevy along those lines once] so I cant really say I am Immune either......any way does anyone else have any superb examples of this corner of the hobby?here is my favorite- I know the guy so wont name any names please...... [​IMG]

2. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

WOW, really that's all i have to say. that is rediculous.
    you ever read the horse? (chopper mag) they have this award dedicated to such motorcycles of the same nature as that picture. they call it the coon tail award. i think the hamb should have a page devoted to these montsocities, just like the horse.

3. Zor pm me your number- I will look in my pile of rear ends tomorrow......also if the mid am hamb chop doesnt shorten your top get with me-we.ll do something

4. Narcoleptic

Narcoleptic
    from Chico, TX

That there is a gen-u-wine Pep Boys special.

5. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

choprods,
    pm'd ya.

6. DrJ

DrJ

I looked at that and thought "Steve Urkel"

Does that '68 Buick with the "flying bridge" captains chair and steering in and above the back window fall into that category too?

7. haring

haring

I don't even GET IT. I can't even fathom where the ideas for that originate. It's like the owner lived in a bubble and thought of ways to purposefully create shapes that contradict the original styling of the car. I assume it's a Studebaker. The Stude styling was way ahead of its time and this guy found a way to make one sinfully ugly. [​IMG]

8. Right-I particularly like the "patio trim" on "deck" -the guy is really a genius-[really] but his car in the end result looks lik secret internal torment manifesting itself.......the 41chevy I did had about 578 body mods....I think IT was an abomination as well so it can happen, but why????why do some of us have the good sense to quit at thje right point where its tasteful and some of us are like the "BAG LADYS OF RESTYLING" [​IMG]?

9. Iceberg

Iceberg

I feel sick.........yargh...........

10. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    The Stude styling was way ahead of its time and this guy found a way to make one sinfully ugly. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that exactly what Studebaker did to it themselves throughout the '50s? They put a fake Mercedes grill on it and "bolt on" fins and then they grafted aPackard grill on it but squashed it into a grouper mouth looking thing and hid those beautiful Packard tail lights under an extra guilded fin... This guy might as well have been on Studebaker/Packard's design team!
    I think it has shades of that final Stude wagon with the roll-back (forward?) roof i the rear. Or maybe it's been taking classic Subaru pills. [​IMG]
    At least it's shiny...

11. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

[ QUOTE ]
    Does that '68 Buick with the "flying bridge" captains chair and steering in and above the back window fall into that category too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that thing at the Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar. Makes ya wonder who thinks... "Ya know, my Buick is really nice but what would really set it off would be a flying bridge!"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Man! Someone stole my whole concept!I own one of these and thats just what I had planned for mine.Guess its back to the drawing board for me.This time Im not breathing a word to anyone,not even family.

13. jdubbya

jdubbya

INTERESTING, every town has those people.

14. [ QUOTE ]
    WOW, really that's all i have to say. that is rediculous.
    you ever read the horse? (chopper mag) they have this award dedicated to such motorcycles of the same nature as that picture. they call it the coon tail award. i think the hamb should have a page devoted to these montsocities, just like the horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres also another way of putting it, I think it's because it has a lot of gook on it, not because our Asian friends would do this to a car... Gook-Wagon

15. DamnitDave

DamnitDave
    Alliance Vendor

Ya know, I was about to start doing drugs to try and boost my creativity...

Scratch that idea...