Register now to get rid of these ads!

Camshaft Re-grinding?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrenchbender54, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Do we have any HAMB members that re-grind cams for a living. Do you know someone who does? I'm looking for a different shop to re-grind cams for work. Preffer someone in the Wis, Ill., MN, area, but that's not a must. We've got three different types of engines that we get cams reground for, possibly more to come. They're all diesel engines. Atleast 100+ camshafts per year. If you are, or know someone, let me know.

Phil

2. Marko

Marko

Delta Camshaft in Tacoma, Wa. did one for me, on an early Cad. I don't know if they belong to HAMB, but others have used them. I am not affiliated with them. They have a web site, also. Good luck. Marko.

3. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

Chet Herbert Cams in Anaheim or Orange In SoCal. He's been grinding cams and regrinding forever. I remember a regrind on my roller cam cost peanuts.

4. shifts

shifts

Berry Racing Cams in Lester Prairie, Mn. I can find the number when I get home if you want. I have used them over the years w/ good results. I just got my cam back from Racer Brown for my 241 hemi. They shortened it & put one hell of a blower grind on it. You might try them too. DAVE

5. Integral Cams in Dundas , mn can do them for you . i have been to their shop several times , and the owner is very knowledgable and friendly. he has done cams for several nascar teams

http://www.integralcams.com/

6. Berry Cams does great work.

7. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

howards cams is in wisconsin i believe oshkosh, call 1-800-233-0199 they should be able to hook you up.

8. sthero

sthero

www.camcraftcams.com

1-800-426-2261

I spoke with them a couple of months ago and it was like 150 to regrind a cam

9. BIG PORT JIMMY 6

BIG PORT JIMMY 6

Im running a delta in the Jimmy, seems like it was 65 bux for the regrind. Jay

10. 53ash

53ash
    from Plano, TX

I know it's a long way from you, but there's a guy here in Dallas that does great work cheap. It's all they do and have for a long time. He put a Clay Smith grind on my flat motor cam for 40 bucks, and did it in less than a week.
    It's called Norfleet. The guy is Johnny. 214-381-1177

11. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Effingham Regrinders. Effingham Ill.

12. yalc

yalc

I see it's been awhile since you posted your request, but this thread is still coming up in searches so I'll add one to the list.

Kams, Inc. in Oklahoma City does both regrinding and manufacturing of camshafts for industrial engines.

-Clay