Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Cam Recommendations

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Lex Luther, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Lex Luther

Lex Luther

I am building a 350 hydraulic roller motor. The specs will be: Eagle rotating with flat top pistons (9:1 compression) 64 cc Brodix heads 1.60-2.02 valves, 3-2 barrel carbs (Stromberg 9 super 7's rated at 188 cfm max each), Edlebrock intake. Car is a '32 fiberglass coupe, trans 350, rear end 3.70. I want a hydraulic roller cam (comp cams). What cam should I use. Any advice is appreciated.

2. Steve77T

Steve77T

Talk to Tyler Edger at Comp, he is a great guy and did real good with my request for a 383 SBC. tell him what you have and go from there.

3. You didn't mention torque converter, size and stall speed.

4. Lex Luther

Lex Luther

5. Lex Luther

Lex Luther

All I know is 2500 stall

6. Lex Luther

Lex Luther

Thank you.

7. Okay, so with 3.70 gears, it's not likely you will be driving cross country, but who knows?
    I would then ask, what it is exactly that you plan on doing with this car?
    Also, what are the parameters that you are looking for the camshaft? Tire frying torque? A screaming RPM range?
    A cool sound only, for the local cruise night?
    This kind of info is very necessary in these recommendation threads, in MY opinion, of course.

8. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

Always contact the cam makers, describe the car and use in detail. That has always worked for me, they were spot on with their recommended cam.

9. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

If you don't have a converter yet, choose the cam and then get a converter. I use Freakshow converters, 325 701 7830. If Michael doesn't answer, he'll call right back. Around $325 including shipping. I run 1 in my chevelle with a very stout 434 for 5 yrs, 12000 miles and couldn't hurt it. He nailed it perfect to, with a 657 lift solid roller, car drove great. Just bought another one from him when I changed over to a 496. There will be one in my coupe when it's done also.

Bugsy48 likes this.
  10. Lex Luther

Lex Luther

1000 5000pm cruiser and tire smoker

11. Lex Luther

Lex Luther

12. Just to level set - you'll be constrained by the carbs and manifold . . . so it doesn't make a lot of sense to put a big ass cam in it, when it really can't breathe much. So - try to get something that is designed to provide a lot of mid-range power and not high RPMs. You won't need a huge amount of duration . . .

13. Lex Luther

Lex Luther

thank you that is the answer i was looking for