Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calori Clone - How are things going Hellmet???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AV8-Rider, Jun 21, 2005.

1. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Hello Helmet

Just curious on your project. I have been here very seldom for the last 6 months. Did a search on your posts but no pics since the ones you posted back in desember.

Would really like some update info, if possible. Realy looking forward to see that car of yours.
    Cool project.

Good luck
    Paul

2. HELLMET

HELLMET

still plugging away family stuff slows things down. things on this car are real teedeius lots of work and not having the tools to work on certin things . i have friends that help me when they can . i'm going to be on it hard next month . i'm in the middle of painting a new chopper for kutty . thanks for thinking of me i will try to get some new up date pics like of the real eddie meyer heads. i am in the prosses of changing the bottom head studs 10 on each side what a nightmare . thanks billy

3. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Hi
    I am familliar with your situation. Building a rod with the right stuff and just not what floates by, takes time. Hot rodder and familly man is a tuff combination, fer sure.

Tell me about bolts.
    I took out all of mine to deck the block. Broke about 10 of them after using all the tips and tricks awailable.
    Ended up with drill, and tap. Saved some of the treads but not all. Had to go up to a slightly larger dimension. I used M12, ( Metric 12 millimeter). Had to make custom bolts from high quality Unbraco M12 bolts. Turned them down on the stem in the lathe and made the UNF treads for the nuts.
    Worked just fine.

REALY looking forward to see more of this beautiful car.

Paul

4. HELLMET

HELLMET

took the torch to the studs about 1/8 from the block put a doulble nut on the stud and heated it up at the base when it got red i then backed them off did not break one stud. time consuming but worth it. i just kept going from one side of the block to the other had no problem with getting the block hot. after i did it i felt the block after each stud and i could touch it so i knew it did not get too hot it worked . good luck on yours . if you have any questions about my car you can call me 1-951-536-6911. billy

5. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Used that method myself.
    Worked fine exept for those 10 with the hidden number 666 on them.

Will call you when I get the time in a few days.

Paul