Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. canadianzed

canadianzed

Or Red Green and the Mckenzie Brothers are your heros.

2. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Or Stompin' Tom. :D

3. Kanadia Kev

Kanadia Kev

Im from Calgary now, but deep down Im just a proud home towner from Dryden Ontario.

4. Or Don Cherry....

5. screwball

screwball

nitro look us up when you get up here. Ottawa is a real yuppie town but you have gone to Merrickiville so I see you know that.

6. Talking about hero's and great Canadians we admire.......getting back to a hot rod theme and my hometown of London Ontario, I'd have to add these fine hot rod pioneers and add some pictures of them in action.

Ev Rowse in "Wild Child" Ford Falcon

Scott Wilson in the "Time Machine" FED and first to 200 MPH in Canada.

George Gray (Ontario George) and his blown 33 Willys.

I could also add Billy Kidd and his "Wells Fargo" altered that was a NHRA World Champ in 68 and the "James Boys" Willys that raced coast to coast in the day. All these find hot rodders are still going to day and make my home town that much richer from there history.:)

Attached Files:

7. hey Elvis;
    I feel left out..
    what about Miller &Gregory twice US National winner Fiat.,and St Thomas Dragway track champ,1966.BB/A
    Or Karbelt Speed & Custom c/a.R/U at Springnationals

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

LOL!!! And I spent 42 years waitin to escape from Ottawa!!!

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hook up with Screwball Nitro he'll hook ya up with the real car guys in Ottawa!

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow whats the scoop? I hope none of the cars were lost in the fire...that would suck..............

11. Hey Rick.........sorry brother....I was only talking about London lads but your very correct to piont out my oversite.....lol.......here's a pic of your time machine racer and I believe if you look close at the picture of a Sparta program from 1966 that I have added(right side of the program) you'll see your car on there. Enjoy:)........see ya at the track!!

Attached Files:

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Hey Rick.is that you?

Don't forget Percy Also,the Brown brothers,240 Gordy and Barry Poole.

I am diggin for pics....
    Elvis.....did you not have a post a while back with alot of Maple sugar racers?

13. Howdy Jeff............I believe that was Mike Lowden (Ragtop) that did that post on old time Canuck Racers.....but did add alittle of the maple sugar...lol... but our good friend Mr. Proctor there has tons of great pic's ...........he could make this post very sticky!!

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Mothers worry....from Blown 32 in Kingston
    love this car,,,,,

Attached Files:

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Here is another shot...Hope he does not mind.....

[​IMG]

16. Hey Elvis;
    Did you see the BB/A car was second behind Thomas Bros AA/A car..and that was in May...after only a few races..
    BTW,as an old fart,I was there the day Mr Norm ran..

Jeff;
    Yes,Rick here...Mothers Worry is an ONDR car as you know..
    Lot of cool car came out of Canada..U S boys hated us...LOL
    OUR BB/A set a National record in NY once ,only to be disqualified for using Sunoco gas bought in Ontario..
    Barrie Poole/Sandy Elliott..who can forget tose boys winning the Winternationals in .what 69..

But ,we think our car was one of the early u S National winners..
    Not sure when Brad Frnces won..but Chilly won in the 70's..Elliott won in late 60's..

Thanks boys ,ONDR will keep your dreams alive!!!!

17. Jeff;
    The Brown Bros started winning after they bought Pak Rat 1 roadster with the front mount blower..they stuck that motor in their car...Our is P R#2
    Well,I have the blower assembly from it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

19. Flatman

Flatman

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Chilly Willy.

chilly_in_hall.jpg

Flatman

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Rick
    good to have ya here......
    Post pics.....
    You have that Potvin blower???

Damn.....

21. Jeff;
    Yes, I have it on a 265..Check Old skool rods coverage of Thompson and NHRA Reunion..It's in there.. going to recreate the car from an old tin T we brought home.(thread: Look what followed me home)
    and trying to keep the Fiat running..
    it never ends..does it?

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

"Brothers Brown" was the name and the Fiat that they ran was bought from Roger Miller in London. It had a Chevy with front drive /Potvin blower, I think.
    Also Gary Beck and Frank Hawley were (are?) Canucks.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir!
    Duke annd Tony Brown ran the Fiat with the potvin.....Nick Miniloff and his crew ran Percy Also.... all are alive and well and are in my club....the Roadmates....

Post Canuck drag pics guys.....Coast to coast.

23. Jeff;
    They bought the roadster with motor for their Fiat...that originally had a Buick motor..
    They took the potvin out of the roadster and sold it to Brooke De Shawe who ran an injected SBC

24. Well on topic of great racers..........one of my fav's from way back...Dave Adams, 1960 Ontario Timimg Assos. Points Champ. Great guy and still very much young at heart.

Attached Files:

25. good stuff...keep it coming. I'll fill in the blanks where I can..
    Oh..George is an ONDR guy also..great guy !!!

26. This "George" Rick?..............and yes he's a great guy. So Rick why don't you break out some of those smokin photo's of yours brother. I look forward to getting a picture of mr 55 after I get it back together with your bad boy...lol:).

Attached Files:

27. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

No pic's from eastern Ontario? I have approximately 2 hours of footage 50/60's from Mohawk Dragway (Belleville, Ontario area) which was run by the Peacefull Pacers. Would anyone be interested in this video for a small fee. The video was made from numerous reals of 8mm, black and white.....

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Here is a coupla more of Percy.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. I will post only if some one ask for something specific..you know,we both have a lot of this stuff..
    Looking t the 55 and the Henry J..those were the days...