Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage California Gold Muroc Dry Lake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by firingorder1, Apr 18, 2018.

1. firingorder1

firingorder1

Huell Howser's California Gold show at Muroc dry lake 1999. A mix of the re-union meet and old pre-war footage. Plus a hint of El Mirage. Show starts at 2:45 in.

2. Bill (@firingorder1) -

Thanks for posting the video here.

I had just finished watching it on the “Bonneville Land Speed Racer” Facebook group page ... really enjoyed it ... and decided I should share it with the H.A.M.B. community.

I’m glad I did a quick search for its YouTube ID (“DDqdY9cW0h8”) and found that you had already beat me to it!

Great stuff!

Thanks again for sharing with both communities.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  3. Nobey

Nobey

Thanks for sharing that, I was there with my Dad that week-end. One of my fondest memories.....

Blues4U and Hot Rods Ta Hell like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @firingorder1 I gotta go blow off the dust now...it is interesting that both ends of this Dry lakes whether it be dirt or salt they are both very extreme climate and condition places. Of course very breathtaking at the same time.

5. firingorder1

firingorder1

Thank you. Too good not to share here. I know its a long time ago (1999) but a long time ago is what this place is all about.

crminal likes this.
  6. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

7. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Huell Howser = #1.

Jalopy Joker and Johnny Gee like this.
  8. That was cool, thank you for posting. The old footage was from 1941 and 1946, some real famous rods shown. Great to see them in colour. For me it was great to see the Schenck liner shown and the ex-Bob Giovanine modified that Jim Harrell (aka Jim White) ran post war 28:20 & 28:54. Check out 30:15 that is the Davis-Calori roadster before Jack bought it. There are other famous cars like Ken Lindley's red modified, Doug Caruthers Modified, Randy Shinn T, Bill Burke's first Tank, Tony Capana's Marmon 16 unlimited racer. WOW!!!

Darryl Deir and HEMI32 like this.
  9. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Oh what memories. We were there for the reunion and I'm am so glad that we went. The stuff we saw and the people we met. Just priceless. Thanks so much for pegging this old-timer's Happy Meter!

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Huell Howser was a unique individual that exposed Californians to many parts of the State and events that might have been missed by many if it was not for his show.