Register now to get rid of these ads!

California car cover company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tripple G, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Tripple G

Tripple G

Have searched the thread archives and from what I can find, everyone seems to be happy with car covers from California Car Cover Co. My question is, "Does anyone know what kind of money we are talking about for an average cover? I'm looking for one to fit my '32 Ford 5 window coupe (with rear bobbed Graffiti style fenders) Are these custom made or does one size fit all?

2. Mine was custom made for my Ranchero. Can't tell you what the cost was, it was a xmas gift. Very happy for five years now...

Call them.

3. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

My wife called them told them tI had a 32 3window with out fenders and it fits great

4. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

5. Travthis

Travthis

If I remember correctly I paid 300 for car cover 5 years ago. Best car covers you can buy. Highly recommended.

6. gsp392

gsp392

I have one for a Mustang, forget the price, but it's a quality product.

7. California Car Cover Company, I've dealt with them a couple different ways. The company is owned by the DeFrank family, the same DeFrank family that races Super Stock in NHRA competition. Jimmy DeFrank has been World Champion. Jimmy and family are World Class people, tuff competitors, with outstanding race cars. You better have your stuff together when you race against them.
    I had Cal Car Cover Co fabricate a cover for my race car years ago, I've been very pleased with their workmanship and pricing. I suggest you call and talk with them about a cover for your car.

8. Greezeball

Greezeball

I have nothing but good things to say about these folks. I bought an OT car that came with one of their locking covers but it was missing a couple of pieces and I inquired a bout buying the parts and they sent the part no charge, classy.

9. I paid 300 for the cover on my '66 Caddy. If I remember right I paid 425 or so for the cover I ordered for my grandpa's Maserati. It depends on what material you go with, and how tight of a fit you want. The Maserati cover was black and fit like a latex glove. They are the best.

10. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

have 4--some 20+ years old--great people-great covers--think we just pd about $250 for 57 Chevy and same for a 40 coupe--not sure---wife bought them

11. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I asked about one for my econoline van and it was around $250 with a felt (or something similar) lining. Far cheaper than I expected.

12. tuki

tuki

yeah we know those guys as well from racing..top notch covers.have one for yrs on my 65 hardtop Coronet..fits perfect

13. great product...think about 200.00 as I keep car in the garage and didn't need waterproof cover, etc. Fits like a condom and would buy from them again in a second

14. bob myers

bob myers

I received a CCC for a present and after 4 years two spots at the rear bumper started to wear and eventually split. About the same time I was at Back to the Fifties in Minn. and the CCC people were there. I stated my issue and at first the rep said in essence, I was out of luck.
    I think he read my face expression and then suggested he check his computer records. Long story short, he completely replaced my cover and paid for shipping. This was all based on my word, he never asked me to return the bad cover....in my opinion, these folks are top shelf.

15. Bobs back in town!? Check our SodAK GROUP, doing my hotrod breakfast this Sat

16. 5brown1

5brown1

I just got one for my 37 Studebaker President coupe. I had a hard time believing that they had a pattern for that car when only 971 were built.
    I asked them three times just to be sure. Fits like a glove and I'm happy.
    I got the cover made for inside storage - about $250 shipped. Got it in just over a week although they said it would be about 3 weeks.

17. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

I have two,they are great quality prod. a little pricey,but you can go to wallmart and buy a universal,It only costs a little more to go first class.

18. sololobo

sololobo

Excellent products, if you get one stencil something on it, may be a Mazda emblem or something to disguise its content. I know, real hokey, but I am so concerned about all this theft. I had the cotton inner layer and the perforated quick dry exterior, loved it. Good Luck man ~sololobo~

19. Tripple G

Tripple G

Thanks for all the testimonials, help and ideas. Have been to their website and rounded up a copy of an old catalog. Originally, I was just looking for something to protect the hot rod in the garage. Mainly, I wanted to keep the dust off, but now I see they offer Indoor/Fair Weather (Plushweave) and Indoor/Outdoor (Softweave) combination covers. Thinking for those overnight trips in the hotel parking lot, maybe I should change my thinking? I'll be calling the experts at California Car Cover.