Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calif. Corvette Club circa 1958

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Harps

Harps

Really cool video. I liked the white on white '58 with the blue stripe down the middle. She was a Fuelie and a great vette!

My dad and I are doing a black on red '57 now. Look forward to driving that one.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

No by all means, I'm just starting to learn about Corvettes so all the info you can pump my way by all means send it over.....and if you want to send that vette over for the summer by all means do that too! :D:D:D

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Looks pretty horny to me!!

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

what was (is?) that lake at the end of the rally and film?

dj

5. truckjim

truckjim

Couldn't agree more! We've all seen these customized every which way and that's what its all about. Havin' fun, going fast and being loud. Geez this 10 minutes has taken me back. Ryan, Thanks a bunch!

6. Shopking

Shopking
    from central Pa

Great video.Been rallying vettes for the last 30 yrs.Looks the same,only now everybody drives c5s and c6s. Spent the day putting a cascade green 56 back together that I'm rebuilding.

Attached Files:

7. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

I love the early vettes. I think when they are pretty low with a little rake, they look so cool, however, it looks like you have to be a midget to drive one.

8. Yeah, that munchkin John Wayne had to sit on a phone book to drive his.LOL

... and dont forget these two dudes, and both their suitcases!

Attached Files:

9. von Dyck

von Dyck

Love the '56/'57s. Owned a '61 back in the late '60s. Did an inch and a half rear spring re-arch to get rid of the tail draggin look. Ran a hot little 301cid through a Muncie into a 4.11 posi.

10. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

My first exposure to Corvettes as a kid in Mississippi in the early 60's.

Attached Files:

11. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

[QUOTEAnd this not so HAMB-friendly '69 427 has been with us since '92.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

This one is a near twin to one my a buddy of my Dad owned in the mid 80's. He bought it for $2500, just before I got my license. It was a 427/3 deuce/4speed. He took me for a "quick" spin in it, and I wanted that car SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!!!

12. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

It's pretty tough to them apart in pics. The easiest way up close is to check the rear view mirror. 56 mirrors have a little tightening knob on the back of the base and 57's don't. They just have a jam nut on top of the mirror shaft.

13. autobilly

autobilly

14. otas

otas

Buz and Pete came thru our home town of lewisville tx back in the day. Came by my dad's Sinclair station and filled up. They left the vette with him for an oil change and went on about their way of filming the show around town. Burt Reynolds and Tuesday wells were their in the show that day. Burt was kind of a bully and always wanting to fight Pete. It was pretty cool. My dad had a couple of scenes in the show talking to buz and Pete. You could tell he was soooo nervous. We got royalty checks for a long time from the shoot. It was like $10. Lol. Good times.

15. Perfect from the factory...well maybe lowered slightly.....

Attached Files:

16. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

I'm with you there Mai Ki-Ki. Can't decide which I like more...32 Ford coupe or 56-57 Vette. I thought the Aztec Copper ones were rare. I've seen more of them in this thread than in the last 10 yrs.

17. Karpo

Karpo

I'll throw mine in here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. moparnate

moparnate
    from minnesota

KARPO that thing is beautiful, nice stance

19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Saw this at the gnrs, great lookin car. nice to meet you Karpo

20. flamingokid

flamingokid

I miss every Corvette I've ever owned....

21. I watched that video in awe--what a good time/place/car to cruise in. I wish we could dig up more old color videos of runs and shows on the HAMB. Just goes to show you what the population explosion and cheap-shit quality lifestyle have done to beautiful California. I will say a summer afternoon in rural indiana with a nice stretch of blacktop, the smell of corn in the humid air and no traffic whatsoever is a nice place to cruise as well.

22. here's a couple of dads 57s and my 60. i miss the ole 60,sold it to a fellow HAMBER.
    [​IMG]
    yes there's two 57s in there
    [​IMG]

23. Steve Hedrick

Steve Hedrick

Sorry this comes a few years too late, but I just happened onto this site. I have a '57 Corvette, and I was interested in the post. A search showed that the end of the film was shot in Anaheim at Jack Dutton's Jungle Garden. See picture. The information came from an article from the Orange County Historical Society. http://www.orangecountyhistory.org/newsletters/09-11Courier.pdf

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  25. 41FordVert

41FordVert

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453338539.588788.jpg
    Mom bought this '57 in 1960. Still has it 44k miles. Sits by other old Fords in the garage.