Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cal. lowrider funeral procession honors Gypsy Rose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by forty1, Feb 5, 2011.

1. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

2. LongshoreKustoms

LongshoreKustoms

RIP Jesse, thank you for the dedication, you're car left a lifelong impression for me!

3. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

R.I.P. Mr. Valadez for creating one of the most notable rides in the History of lowriding. This beautiful Chevy will forever be remembered and be a staple for true lowriding culture, attitude, and style.

4. duke182

duke182

rip jesse
    you had the coolest lowrider ever.
    and the coolest friends too!
    you guys are to be congradulated for the way you honored your friend.
    with much respect
    duke182

5. I saw this picture on Jae's blog the other day and it really made me think of how many people were influenced or affected by this mans car. He may not have been the first and he may not have been the best but he was a true ambassador for the love of cars. Whether you ride low or hot rod, kustom , traditional, whatever you want to call it. It isn't just about the cars, it is also about the people you meet and the friends you make
    RIP Jesse

6. MissPrint

MissPrint

This is the first car I ever truly remember, other than my uncle's Model A & T resto projects. For me, it was love at first sight.

It influenced me in more ways than I can begin to count. It made "shiny" and "glossy" and "my favourite colours.

Thanks, Jesse, you'll be missed but your legacy lives on. . .

7. onedge

onedge

WOW. R.I.P Jesse.

8. williebill

williebill

This made the national wire services,I guess,because I saw a big writeup about him,the car,and his death in my local newspaper...in Knoxville,Tennessee

9. What a great guy. I had the chance to see him and thank him personally the week before he passed. Jesse and his club(Imperials) inspired me as a kid to Lowride and that helped keep me from slippin' into darkness.

10. vein

vein

Rest in peace. Prayers out to family and friends!

11. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

WOW, RIP man. SO wierd that just today I was talking to a co worker about lowriders and this is the car I was talking to him about. He did not know of it so I told him to look it up when he got home. I think he will be suprised too.

12. LOWMOTIONCARCLUB

LOWMOTIONCARCLUB
    from auburn, wa

rip to a legend...he inspired me so much when i got to talk to him some 10 years ago

13. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Nice obit about Jesse in this morning's Wall Street Journal on page A6, complete with a photo of the Gypsy Rose

14. WCD

WCD

Even though I have long been a hard core drag face fan, I still appreciated the work and effort that went into creating a top of the line low rider, and often times defended their approach of automotive expression against the criticism uttered from the go-fast only sect. I bought a few issues of Low Rider back in the day, even the issue that contained the Gypsy Rose; it was stacked along with my Hot Rod/Super Stock magazines. I wonder who the model was depicted in the orginal Feb 1980 article?