Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cadillac Spindle interchange...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drgnwgn289, Sep 6, 2003.

1. drgnwgn289

drgnwgn289

I recently picked up a 63 caddy and was looking for dropped spindles for it, but I can't find any. Does anyone know if there is a vehicle that used the same spindles as the caddy that I could get some dropped spindles for. Someone told me that the later (70's) cadillacs and half ton trucks used the same spindles. I don't know if that is true, and even if it is, I don't know if it would hold true for the earlier models. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Crestliner

Crestliner

Interchange says 61-69 Cad. rear wheel drive only.

3. drgnwgn289

drgnwgn289

Ok, thanks man. Looks like I'll be makin em...

4. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

pick/up's are not the same. you can use later model caddy's with disc brakes up to 1976 i think. its just a bolt on with nothin more than changing the brake hose. thats what i did to the 65 i had. no one makes drop spindles that i know of. when you are ready i have to parts to do the cahnge over.

5. drgnwgn289

drgnwgn289

ok, thanks Bob. Do you know if those spindles are forged or cast? If they are forged, I can make a set of dropped spindles, but if they are cast I guess I'm stuck with what I've got.