Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Cadillac race engine builder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saabz2000, Oct 14, 2015.

1. saabz2000

saabz2000
    from uk

Hi All,

Please can I have some suggestions on who in the US is best experienced/qualified to build me a Race engine from a 1950 331 OHV v8 or at least supply all the components to do it.

thanks

David

2. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Check out Ross Racing Engines...cant go wrong with them.

Experts in both race and vintage engines.

3. pitman

pitman

I'd ask Cad-Lasalle, these are his favorite engines.

rust runner likes this.
  4. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

google the 500cad guys, they have decades of building cad racing engines. They were very helpfull with my 472.

5. saabz2000

saabz2000
    from uk

thanks Pkap, I had already found them but they seem far more focused on later engines.

6. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

That is true, but they do mention the older ones in their catalogue, and they have a lot of caddy specific knowledge. I would contact them first for direction. At least they should be able to point you towards other good sources if they don't have what you are looking for.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. saltracer219

saltracer219

I will second the Ross Racing Engines, check them out. Tony is one of the top builders in the U.S. his accomplishments speak for themselves. www.rossracing.com

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I didn't realize that Tony at Ross did anything but Olds, but if they do, yes, they are really good.

If not, we just used a guy in Naples Fl who is SUPERB. He built a new 468 Olds for my Sons RPU and I have never seen an engine done so well. He builds and races 7 second cars, and his attention to detail is so much better than anyone we have used in the past. Very nice guy, and he works fast. Had my Son's motor done in a little over a week, just like he promised.

Here is his info:

MIKE THOMPSON RACING ENGINES
    4303 EXCHANGE AVE
    Naples, FL 34104
    (239) 643-6009

He is so old school that he doesn't even advertise or have a website. Guess his word of mouth is so good he doesn't have to.

Don

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015