Register now to get rid of these ads!

CADILLAC projects? - Any year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyfire, May 15, 2006.

1. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

Still pluggin away on my 57 seville. Should be driving it next week with any luck. Front brakes are converted to disc. Modern booster and dual mc. Ditched the stock trans for a 700 R4. Relocated oil filter and a few other misc mods under the hood. The brake mod shaved about 40 pounds off. I'm curious to see how much changing the trans saved in weight. The stocker is buried in my garage so I can't weigh it yet.

Attached Files:

2. teddyp

teddyp

GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE STILL WORKING ON THAT 41 CADDY A REAL COOL CAR TEDDY P

3. DHD

DHD
    from Ottawa, ON

Just started on my 55 Coupe DeVille, heres an idea for the front end that I'm toying with....

4. Nimrod

Nimrod

Not really a project, not a custom, and certainly no hot rod...but here's a '67 convertible I bought a couple months ago. Just a nice driver. I plan to hide a stereo in it and drop it just an inch or two and keep racking up the miles.

[​IMG]

5. Hey DHD, whats the plan for your 55 Cad? Shave and a haircut? Just curious Joe

6. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

My '60 Caddy project is hiding in "getting painted" mode, after being taken to complete bare metal and fairly gutted. Two toned (wont reveal the colors yet, with some flake and suprises thrown in.) It's shaping the baddest ass '60 on 4 wheels, so keep an eye out for it (first even i bring it to is likely the Cowpalace show in Jan.)

-scott noteboom

7. Gator

Gator

I've been keeping my eyes open for a fifty-something Caddy project to make into a big comfortable croozer.

8. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

9. beauishere

beauishere

Howzit...

Got a '50 Coupe DeVille. Just now rebuiding the hydraulic window pump. It's a bi**h but keeping it real. Everything else is just about done.

10. Greaseballs

Greaseballs

Man...I just got wood!!
    Caddyman65, tell us more! And more pics!!

11. Greaseballs

Greaseballs

I love this thread......And I know this is supposed to be about progress on projects, but my progress right now is only limited to the plans that I have formed.

I have been driving my '56 Coupe DeVille this summer to various shows and events. I'm a firm believer in driving a car first before tearing into it. The car is all original, including the paint, with no rust issues and 64K miles. At this point I am leaning towards (but not committed to) a mild custom job: bag the car, shave the hood and other emblems, multi-carb the original engine, wide whites around some custom hubcaps or spoke wheels. I'm also schemeing a custom grill/lower bumper. The grill would feature a floating center bar and the lower bumper would look somewhat stock but eliminate the corner lights (I think a '55 lower bumper section might work nicely).

The interior is black and white, with a black and silver/metallic cloth. It's all still in awesome shape, except the cloth. Right now I'm thinking of only replacing the cloth with new original material.

For paint, I'm thinking of staying with the original color. I am liking the sliver sled metallic at this site http://www.kustomshop.com/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=ksflatz.bbx A killer two-tone combination would be to use the midnight purple pearl (same site, above the silver sled metallic chip) on the body and the silver sled metallic on the roof. Could someone here please photoshop these color combos for me? I'm not lazy, just ignorant! LOL

This winter, funds notwithstanding, I plan on going through the brake system, upgrading/rebuilding the engine, and installing a new exhaust system. Bagging and lowering the car is also on the priority list. These items need to be done regardless of the ultimate direction of the project. Body mods, interior, and paint are still just ideas/concepts for the project. Stay tuned......

Thanks for listening to the voices in my head.

Attached Files:

12. Cruiser

Cruiser

Hyfire,

I've just finished noseing, decking, removing emblems and door handles on my finished '49 Caddy. The planes are for a new paint job (black) and a new interior and trunk upholstery. Also, new wheels, new WWW, and '57 Caddy hub caps. I'll post in progress pictures later.

Be Cool

Cruiser 49:cool: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

14. LongnLow

LongnLow

just bought a '54 hoopdeville today at the swap meet for 5 hun.

15. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

My '53 is still waiting till we get some time to squeeze it in at the shop. I've got all the parts ready and waiting. I've come close to losing patience and selling, but I'm gonna try to hold on....

Also have picked up a '57 coupe that will be a project, I'm gonna sell that one when I get around to it....

I do have a small collection of 49-62 aluminum intakes. I also am working on a deal with a guy locally whose got a couple engines, intakes, transmissions (3-speed :D ) and speed parts.

Wish I had more progress to report, but I think maybe I'll have something to show by Christmas.
    -JOYO

16. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

some people invest in gold, some people in caddy parts!

17. My 57, under construction[​IMG]

18. williesplace

williesplace
    BANNED
    from campbell

Pretty cool thread.My caddy "Maryjane"is still pretty much unchanged,since last paint job.Plans for make over for next year.You can see some pictures on an old thread "Cadillac Standard of the World"or on my Web site."williesplace.com.......Caddies Rule!!

19. williesplace

williesplace
    BANNED
    from campbell

heres a couple of caddies the locals are familiar with.Thats Maryjane and Scottys"Marks of Art",60 convert.Well lets see if I can download the pictures:confused:

20. williesplace

williesplace
    BANNED
    from campbell

ok lets try again,Well this shows how computer smart I am,can't seem to load the pictures,Too big?Well check my web site.:(

21. Hyfire

Hyfire

Lot of great looking cads.... More early models than I thought. Lot of good inspiration as well.

I think the time is coming for some Caddy progress in Rancho Cucamonga.

Thanks for the update guys.

Hyfire

22. Your car looks GREAT Mike!

When you are ready for a shakedown cruise head this way. I'd love to see it in person. What color did you use?

Wheels and tires look great also.

It sits high enough so you can see them!<:cool:

23. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

maryjanes paint rools

24. DHD

DHD
    from Ottawa, ON

right now the plan is basically lower and lose a few emblems, first I gotta do some floor work and body mounts.

Hey Prop Strike, any info on the disc brake swap would be appreciated, is it a kit?

25. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

It's a kit. Here's some pics of the install. Uses original spindles and tapered roller bearings chevy truck and other parts.

Attached Files:

26. Hey Prop Strike will that kit work on a 55 ? If so could you tell me where to find it. BTW nice progress, mine is on the back burner for awhile

27. williesplace

williesplace
    BANNED
    from campbell

Thanks Prop Strike!!!Went till next year!!!

28. williesplace

williesplace
    BANNED
    from campbell

OOOOPS! Wait till next year......Flake ,Flake,Too much flake on the brain!!!

29. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

I hope this will be my new project soon.

[​IMG]

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I know where you can get a nice set of Cyclone Caddy heads :D
    Go to the Cyclone Cad post for pics;) They'll work great on that eng

Kevin