Register now to get rid of these ads!

CADILLAC projects? - Any year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyfire, May 15, 2006.

1. Hyfire

Hyfire

I know we have a good amount of Cadillac guys here. Perhaps we could get a few posts on updated Cadillac projects and how they are coming along?

Hyfire

2. Rocket

Rocket
    from Austin Tx

1962 Fleetwood 60 special. rebuilt the motor, carb, new dual exhaust, master cyliner and brake booster, converted to an alternator, i still have a little tweaking to do before i start on the body work and modifications.

3. eric

eric

1961 cadillac, 2dr stripped of all chrome and windows and just gutting it out, getting it ready for paint soon. i should have pics of the progress soon. hopefully i can bag it while i'm at it.

4. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Doe's a 500 4 speed in a 55 chevy 210 count???

5. KingKustoms

KingKustoms

Its not traditional but i like it, building a bellflower style low out of it.

1970 coupe deville

Attached Files:

6. 38caddy

38caddy
    from RI

My restoration of a '38 Caddy, series 65:

[​IMG]

At a budget of $20 per week, its going sloooowwwwwly. :) Its ok, though, Its in decent enough condition, so when I eventually do the engine, I'll drive it around while saving for paint, chrome and interior.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

'55 Coop DeVille...body back on frame after cleaning underside and Lizardskin undercoating (no rusted areas to repair...this is an original ColoRODo car!)...blak single stage urethane covers the frame...'78 Pontiac Trans sub- frame mated to stock '55, boxed and TIG welded. Motor/tranny mounts built for Caddy 500 incher/Turbo 400.

Firewall flattened (heater crap removed), finished and painted body color.

Front clip back on, trimmed and filled inner fender panels (look like they were made for it), and building brackets for massive '55 front bumper (damn, that thing is heavy!).

Brake system (Corvette M.C. and double booster) purchased and building brackets to mount on frame..stock floor pedal to be retained (no hanging master cylinder on the firewall).

Removed most emblems, welded up holes, ready to fill and finish.

Interior gutted, cleaned and sealed...getting ready to spray Lizardskin on all interior surfaces.

Engine/tranny ready and awaiting color...then it'll go back in...

Still a ways to go...but it's getting there...

R-

8. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

PHAT CADDY has been RE-painted, Pagan Gold w/ Pearl White and gold piping interior. It will be finished for Paso.

9. johny1i

johny1i

Here's a couple of mine--spent this last weekend tearing out the entire brake system and front wheel bearings. Have to put it back together next weekend and may or may not pull the rear axles to do those bearings at this time. Next stop is bodywork and I'm anxious to get started on that. Had to purchase a salvaged front fender (battery acid killed the old one) and it should be in this week after 9 weeks.

(Including before and after picture of the back bumper after I hit it with an SOS pad--at least that gives me some hope that this project will have a happy ending)

PS - 40StudeDude, I especially can't wait to see yours when it's done--it sounds awesome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

my 41 caddy,,,,,,,working on the fadeaways,,,new pics coming soon,,,,,,,,,

Attached Files:

11. My 55 Coupe has a 455Olds/th400 , dual remote master cylinder in stock location, 68 firebird power steering box, chopped 2 3/8 in front 3 1/8 in back with limo style back window. I just started on the flush mounted cruiser skirts in hopes of getting it done for Mi BilletProof but not enough hours in the day and have to help my buddy Hippy6 get his 54 Lincoln ready for the show so he can roll in his OWN set of wheels.

Attached Files:

12. im putting a big block cad (425) in a mini truck:D But thats not what you meant is it?

13. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i've just been gathering parts. waiting for that one day to start...

Roger, can you post pics on your Master Cyl set up?

14. lgh1157

lgh1157

Yeah Lowsprings "gathering parts".

You've already had girls in the back of that thing and it aint even got a engine in it :D

L

15. Hip

Hip

Well heres my buddy's Cad, and all the persation that i could muster
    couldnt keep him from selling it to an "ASS-GASKET"!, "thats right, you know who you are"!, that doesn't deserve it! Sorry bout my rant.

[​IMG]

16. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

57 seville should be back on the road sometime this summer. Paint and interior will come later on.

17. Replacing floors in the 62 ragtop. Shipping the bumpers to Texas for plating. Got the 52k mile engine to turn over in the 61 so maybe there's hope for it.

18. caddyman65

caddyman65

still working on it[​IMG]

19. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

I have a 6window 1962 caddy I'm slowly turning into a mild kustom. But may be picking up another 62 here shortly...we'll see how the deal goes.

Just put Astros on my ride...love it when I can keep it all together and running! ;-)

[​IMG]

20. spicoli

spicoli
    BANNED
    from in a house

what if you took say a '74 four door without a post and welded the front and rear doors together so you would have a two door car rather then a four door. other than a 7 foot long door what would it look like?

21. Hey 40StudeDude any pics on your 55 project for motor-vation on mine?

22. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

My 49 fastback is nearly on the road again, after having pulled the engine and trans this winter.
    It was leaking badly after the 32 year storage :)
    Plan is to lower it, get some hubcaps for it and drive it as is...... love the patina!!
    Pics and info here- http://www.egeskov.net/49caddy/

23. Eryk

Eryk

'67 DeVille. Airbags next, then paint.
    [​IMG]

'66 Caddy Hearse. I need weather stripping badly. Rubber all the way around. Anybody know where I can get it for less than $1000?
    [​IMG]

24. hsheartaches

hsheartaches

That car's so custom, the intake's backwards...
    Love ya, Rocket!! heheh

25. Rocket

Rocket
    from Austin Tx

it's so good to have friends with such great mechanical skills to help over look that kind of mistake and not let me live it down ;)

26. My 61 it's bagged and for sale!!!

Attached Files:

27. mr.wolf

mr.wolf

just getting started on my 62 sedan deville.....

28. snap too

snap too
    from lost wages

Al "Mousie" Marcellus is upgrading "Wild Willie" Borsch's '51 sedan using a 454 Chevy and 700r4 trans. Body is to remain pretty well stock .

29. moefuzz

moefuzz

Do Lasalles Count???

The Things You See In Saskatchwen...

(it's not for sale).

Attached Files:

30. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

My Caddy flathead project is on back-burner due to lack of funds.