Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cadillac flathead V-8 dimensions.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tex34ford, Apr 16, 2007.

1. tex34ford

tex34ford

Does anybody have the basic overall dimensions ie. length, width, height for the Caddy flathead V-8? Not including the transmission.

Thanks

2. 38caddy

38caddy
    from RI

3. tex34ford

tex34ford

Sorry to you and Richard D. He turned me on to Indagarage who I have been communicating with. Once he and I hooked up I figured that was it for my question. I guess I was wrong. Sorry again and thanks for the input.

4. Enormous x huge x really freekin' heavy.

5. HOLY SH*T ,YOU'RE NOT KIDDING!!!:eek: I was glad i borrowed someone else's ,engine hoist.

6. 38caddy

38caddy
    from RI

I had a change of heart. from the front of the forward-most pulley to the back of the block is about 30". Its about 37" to the back of the bellhousing. Remember, these are very rough measurements because the engine is still in the car. Also, as far a weight goes, I have heard 750 lb. for the block/heads, but I have heard almost 1000 lb. fully dressed.

Yay, cast iron!

7. guillermo baldovinos

guillermo baldovinos
    from missouri

hi im new how do you make a post

8. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

They aren't big at all, they just weight 900lbs with the tranny on them!!!

9. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

"indagarage" is "indashop"s imaginary friend who only types on alternate thursdays in July during a hail storm...so that's what took him so long to answer...

10. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

ha! no we talked over PM and I think I still owe him 1 measurement but not sure when I'll be by the shop to get it.

11. tex34ford

tex34ford

Guys,

I have a 16 year old mind in a 68 year old body, so you can imagine what kind of brain farts that produces. Indashop, indagarage, hell, the only time I know whats happening is when I'm indarod. Remeber, it's never too late to have a happy childhood. After I'm done screwing this series of posts up I'm going for a drive in the '34.

12. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Well driving a '34 is WAY cooler than sitting around here. That's way fer sher!

13. tex34ford

tex34ford

Yeh, it's amazing what a drive in the rod with the wind blowin and the Cherry Bombs rappin can do for your soul. I hope all of you guys get your chance to retire and be able to enjoy your rides whenever you want to.