Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs * cadillac cruisers *

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Sep 20, 2008.

1. lowstrung

lowstrung

This car is very cool. The wheels are not my thing but the car is bad ass. Is this car still local?

2. Eight433

Eight433

You got it just about right, except the hood on the 68 is shaped a little different to fit the grill. The 67 hood goes straight across at the bottom edge and the 68 drops down at the outer edges. The back bumpers are quite a bit different, and have side markers on the tail light housings that the 67 do not have.

133, you're right. The steering wheels are ugly as sin. Then again, GM had MANY ugly steering wheels in it's day. I can think of half a dozen uglier than the 67-68 cads
    [​IMG]

3. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

I agree with you 133, I changed mine out to a chrome half wrap, but what I was thinking of doing is trying to modify Nadine's original steering wheel, and have it mounted on to the 68 column, I've seen it done on a 70 model before, just not sure what all was done.

4. 64caddy

64caddy
    from Oklahoma

Here is my 64, it has become a fun cruiser/roadtrip car for me. I put a 500 and a more up to date t400 in it. Flat black with a bare metal top and satin clear coat. Just my weekend project for three years now.

Attached Files:

5. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Caddy-O...I agree with you, Nadine rides good, but the 68 definately floats.

6. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Sweet 64!!!

7. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

Just down there yesterday and that Caddy is transforming into something quite fabulous!
    Dad had the stirring wheel out in the sun showing it off like it was his newest Grandchild! LOL he's very proud of the lines on that car

8. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Just about to leave and pick it up with my new grille in hand. Can't wait for the show. To sit and BS and hear the stories from Sr. will be worth the show alone.

Not sure if it's better to post some pics of it now or shock everyone at SM.....

To post or not to post.....that is the question.

Brian

9. 133

teaser at least?

10. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

c'mon dude, let's us see!

11. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

I'm thinking about painting the 68 limetime green, the car does not need a new paint job, but I really want to go full custom, I've seen a 67 or 68 coupe a couple of months ago on ebay, and I think it was painted limetime green or something close, does anyone know the car I'm talking about, and have any pix of this car, it was a CA. car with an all black ostrich interior?

12. 133

if you go limetime green you need to have the gold plated 20" daytons too.

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Green is for the money-Gold is for the honeys

14. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Alright 133, what color do you suggest, Keep in mind OZ done a custom merc in something close to limetime, or some custom green, that was Bad A$$.

15. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Actually it was called Bad Apple

16. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Car or paint color?

17. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

My wifes 64

Attached Files:

• 188.jpg
      188.jpg
      File size:
      523.5 KB
      Views:
  18. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

nice day in So Cal to take the '65 for a drive...

[​IMG]

19. 133

haha. it's your car man, paint it whatever color ya want. and this is the internet, you an type ass.

20. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

I will probably stay with Red after talking to my paint guy today, allthough I did think it would look cool in limetime green or actually Dodge has a viper that's snakeskin green that's BAD ASS, but all kidding aside I would like to know what you guys think would look cool on this car with the black interior.

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Are you sure you want to ask that question here...??? Color is such a personal issue...but here's what I posted on a thread about color on a '51 Merc ...

Ahhh, the "politics" of color...

FWIW, any dark color will make the body appear smaller and minimize the changes made to a car...and used on an interior, it tends to close it up. When looking at an all black interior, can you recall seeing anything jump out at you (console, mods to the dash, floor shifter, etc.)...??? Dark colors are a real bitch to keep clean.

A lighter color will lengthen the car, make it appear lower than it is and highlight the changes made...a light color will also expand the interior of a car, make it look larger and lots more comfortable. Lighter colors will not show the dirt or dust easily.

But in the absolute end, everyone here has an opinion on what they think looks best, mine not excluded (but I'm not posting it)...after all, it's simply personal preference and what you can live with for a few years...

R-

Care to see my Cadillac build...go here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329070&highlight=the+best+55+caddy+build<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

22. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Here is one I owned a few years ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Getting closer....here she is as she sits to date

Front seat is getting upholstered!

Found a High Torque Starter for my 331, its great - 12v, old one literally blew up!

Attached Files:

24. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

A few pics from last Friday, fresh from DeRosa and Sons. The car is still very rough because of the rush to make it to SM. So far they widened the rear fenders over an inch, molded the running boards, molded on the skirts, molded the grille in place, shaved a lot of the body stuff, frenched the rear plate, '37 Zephyr tail lights, rounded a bunch of corners......and more mods to come. It will go back in a couple months to finish the bodywork, etc.
    Since these shots, I have been finishing a bunch of the small issues and such. Enjoy the pics and say hi this weekend.......

Brian
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

25. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Just like to wish all the Cadillac Cruisers, Hambers, and especially the Veterans, on the Hamb a wonderful Memorial Day!!!!

26. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Same to you Caddy man and the rest of you guys.

27. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

28. Sweet! Beautifully done!

29. 133

anyone catch the Cadillac episode of Hot Rod TV the other night?

30. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

those tail lights are 39. 37 zephyrs are bullets