Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cadillac 390 in Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willsullivan, Feb 26, 2018.

1. willsullivan

willsullivan

I have the chance to trade my jeep for a 62 Cadillac coupe deVille with a 390 in it, whats the value of that motor? it runs and drives. how much power can i get out of it? Im considering putting it in my 1929 model a. Where do yall recommend getting performance parts for that motor? i noticed the parts are kinda hard to find. thanks a bunch! (and sorry for my ignorance)

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

There are a bunch of threads here on caddy engines. Try the search feature for them. I know one thing for sure that Cadillac engines are beautiful and I like the 331 in my 40.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mgtstumpy likes this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

4. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

Moriarity likes this.

5. If you plan on tearing it apart...pay as little as possible. But if you can bolt it straight in...then different story. I paid 1k for a "runner" 62 390 turned out not to be the case.

Having just read all the threads. ...heaps of torque in stock form, enough to light up the tires and break transmissions at will. I plan on getting a rebuild kit from Falcon, Isky 270 cam....keep it simple.

It seems that you can spend $$$ and the gains are minimal. My 6 x 2 intake cost a small fortune 4 or 5 x what you would pay for a comparable Olds one.

Would you consider keeping the Caddy and drive it around?

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk