Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cadillac 365 oil problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fenderhead, May 11, 2017.

1. fenderhead

fenderhead
    from Stevens PA

ok so I spent my life saving having a 55 Cadillac 365 rebuilt this winter. It is now in the car and the right side is blowing oil out of the tail pipe. I did the break in oil with high zinc then changed the oil and again put in a high zinc. Smokes when I start it. Smoked when I shift. Really smokes when I stand on it. Removing plugs on the right side of engine reveals nasty oil on the plugs. Compression check is 150 for all the cylinders. When checking the compression oil actually shot out of a cylinder covering my friend. No oil is coming out of the vent tube.
    We are going to remove a carb tonight and stick a camera down in to look for oil in the intake.

Any ideas?

Hoping we don't have to get into rings etc.

2. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Don't know much about early OHVs but doe's it have or need valve seals? I had a 305 chev blowing oil and it was 1 improperly installed seal.

3. squirrel

squirrel

did you talk to the guy you paid your life savings to?

firstinsteele likes this.
  4. Did you get the oil shooting all over your friend on camera? Feel free to post.

5. fenderhead

fenderhead
    from Stevens PA

Everything inside in new and over kill.

6. fenderhead

fenderhead
    from Stevens PA

Wish I did.

7. fenderhead

fenderhead
    from Stevens PA

Yes he has been working with me. He is two hours away so I am trying to do whatever I can to identify the problem. He is coming down next week to get into it.
    The car runs like a raped ape. Just need the oil issue figured out.

Last edited: May 11, 2017