Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cadillac 346 Flathead Headers

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by fiftyv8, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Keeper, what's the info on the green rod; Who, where if you can say? Great look to those headers.

2. I like the idea of using the factory hold downs.

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Yeah, only problem is with running the larger diameter center pipe the two center hold downs wont fit.

So I am looking at remaking look a like hold downs that are modified with a slight offset to make them work.

I hope to post what I have made later, but here in the pic's now is where the problem is...

Attached Files:

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I think this car is in Scandanavia some where and has been posted previously on the HAMB, not sure what search would find it easily...

5. Thanks - I'll ask around over there ;)

I'm wanting to bring my headers out of a three-piece hood similar to your car's and how the green car's are routed, but want to put them in a collector to the back of the car.

6. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Check out this thread I found for you.
    Scroll down and you will find another pic of the car you were talking about.
    It seems it is from Finland at a guess...
    Maybe you could PM the poster and ask for more details or extra pic's.

I am hoping you will post some of your build pic's in a thread for us Cadillac flathead guys to look at.

7. 346cad/36ford

346cad/36ford
    from Australia

Hi Fiftyv8. Got another Flat Cad... The interesting thing with this one, from a Genset, is the Exhaust manifolds.. Whilst a fabricated set of Lakes style would be ideal these may give me some options, the ability to use the stock holdowns with the blower manifold
    In the pics you'll see that the only exit, on each manifold, is via the front located crossover pipe.. remove that, swap from side to side and I'll have outward located exits on each side, at the rear of the engine.. won't be as 'neat' as a set of 'lakes' style but stock hold downs and OK clearance between the heads, exhaust exits, blower manifold and the 4:71 case make it worth looking at.. will do a strip down and mockup to see how it all works.

Attached Files:

8. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA