Register now to get rid of these ads!

CAD Users. SBC dimensional dwgs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Mar 29, 2006.

1. stan292

stan292

I'm laying out an altered roadster chassis and eventually want to transfer it to a CAD layout. Does anyone here have a CAD-generated (or CAD-friendly) illustration of a small block Chevy motor, or know to find one that can be downloaded? I'm looking for a side view, but a 3-D drawing would be super cool. If not, how about a straight-on side profile photograph?

Option three: Just the overall dimensions of a "long block" assembly to use in an "old-fashioned" hand drawing (that's how I'm starting out)?

Also, I'd like to find a CAD drawing of a human body to use for establishing the driver's location.

I've never worked with CAD - maybe all this stuff is already out there somewhere. If anyone can provide leads/links, I'll be happy to do the legwork myself.

Thanks -

2. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

3. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

He's got a drawing of an sbc, and if you look closely at one he has for a "hot rod frame" it's got the profile of a human on it. I'm always happy to help out a husker....

4. stan292

stan292

Stressed -

Killer! Thanks much!

Also, thanks to 60's Style for posting these in the first place.

BTW - I already spent the $50 for the MW drawings. I'm not too sure about making those available on the HAMB. Surely they are copyrighted - aren't they?

5. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

No problem. 60's Style was very cool for posting all that stuff. Spread the knowledge...

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

thank johnnyfast for taking the time to dimension and draw it up!