Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cabin Fever

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1great40, Jan 18, 2015.

1. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Ok, so it's a Sunday night and I'm in my garage wrenchin' and hanging out on the HAMB. Honestly, I've had it with winter and it's not even February yet!

Who all knows of any hot rod related events in the MA, NH or RI areas this time of year and what are the dates for the first shows/cruises of 2015?

40fordtudor and patmanta like this.
  2. 61falcon

61falcon

i feel your pain.

3. Winter sucks in MN, saw a dog stuck to a fire hydrant last week!

ME.GASSER likes this.
  4. It seems I spend the winter cutting firewood and feeding livestock. Been to cold to do much wrenching. It was in the sixties here today. Ive got engines to install and a couple more to build.

5. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I just got back into my shop this weekend. It was cold. All I did was move some things around, shiver, and cuss about it. I bought a bunch of parts though so that will at least force me to do some work. I don't think we have any events up here until at least March.

6. Yeap...... . HRP

[​IMG]

7. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

HEY, just found something on CL:
    http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/4814489757.html
    Not sure if this would be much for Hot Rodders but it's SOMETHING in New England and it's indoors at least.

Muscle car parts available at the Auto Parts Swap N' Sell.

Indoor Automotive Swap Meet
    January 17-18, 2015

New England's Largest all Indoor Automotive Swap Meet

Doors open 8am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday

1305 Memorial Ave.
    Better Living Center
    Eastern States Exposition
    West Springfield, MA 01089

Vendor Space Available - $130

www.apswapnsell.com

8. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

smoked1 likes this.
  9. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Well. Looks like I missed that one. I actually went there a few years ago. There was a lot of non hot rod stuff there but it was warm And there were tools and overpriced cold drinks. 2 out of 3 ain't bad

10. smoked1

smoked1

Fire in the stove 60 degrees in the shop and doin a bit of everything. winter is good for building birdhouses. oh here's a 1921 chev for sale on CL. R Linde

Attached Files:

11. Its been in the low fifties last few days...had the cabrio out little on staurday.

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

It was 68 and sunny in northwest Arkansas today. Took the Nomad out for a 60 mile drive. Got so warm I had to roll down the window.

13. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey hey , , houston was almost 70 degrees....

14. really feel for you guys....we had just the 30 degree stuff for about two weeks but no snow or ice....finally got to the 60's this weekend but had family stuff.....sure need to drop a pan and do some main and rod bearings outside on the drive....

15. You lower guys are killing me. It got up to 40 this weekend thats t shirt weather up here.;):confused::D That's the truth.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

take a ride out to Southern California. while visiting owner of this Merc a couple of weeks ago was 88 degrees DSCN8875.JPG . still plenty warm there now

17. We Just fought thru a span of single digit lows that froze the snot in your nose,a bunch of snow, then rain. Everything is a cruddy brown & grimy looking mess and very depressing. I think I'll visit that shrink in Beverly Hills.

Now when it's 72 and sunny here in just a few L O N G months I'll be thinking about you southern guys hiding from the outside in your AC

18. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Its been nice in Wyoming the last few days. Up into the 50's. Shorts and T shirt weather this time of year. Much better than the -15 we had a few weeks ago. I am fortunate my garage is heated. I have been more inspired and focused on my coupe this winter than I have been in a year or so. I guess it is time to start a build thread.