Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ca. d.m.v.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustythumb, Aug 15, 2019.

1. rustythumb

rustythumb

i know that you can have the d.m.v. call you back [so you can talk to a live person] but how do you do that? the robot does not give me that option. anyone know? thanks!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

you have to go into DMV office and call from their phone.

3. That certainly makes sense!

Mick

blowby likes this.
  4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I used to have a magic back door number but it became automated to uselessness too.

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

916-657-8035. Last time I called I followed the prompts and got a return call in less time than quoted. Other options are go to AAA or another authorized DMV service.

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Been a few years for me but I also got a call back fairly promptly. I think it automatically puts you on a 'suspicious person' list though and every dmv transaction in your life from then on gets triple scrutinization. Mine seem to.

Just post your question here and get 87 different answers, one of which may actually be correct. :)

INVISIBLEKID and belair like this.
  7. Budget36

Budget36

Call the toll free number, eventually they will tell you there is an "XX" wait, and do you want a call back?

Hit the option "Yes"...enter your number and name, and wait for the call.

Piss poor advice I read above

8. rustythumb

rustythumb

thanks everyone, but i found something that worked. [i asked my wife & she told me! ] just keep telling the robot "i want to talk to a live person" over & over. worked for me & they called me back 20 min. later! i just wanted to know if my '56 plates were clear or not. [they are!]

9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now that you know that the number sequence is available for YOM plates get them registered to your '56 or at least in your name ASAP. Don't want to wait too long and end up with a set of wall hangers cause someone applied for the same number sequence for a different year YOM plate before you did. JMO