Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest C9... The story tellers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Are the fngs even grasping the size and scope of this gentleman and his hotrod history?

2. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Miss the prose..

3. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Started reading part one and couldn’t stop. It’s a fun read.

Sent from my iPhone
    www.speedoservice.com
    Should I rush your rush job or the rush job I was rushing when you rushed in?

4. I miss c9

pitman, HemiDeuce and warbird1 like this.
  5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Me too.

Tman and HemiDeuce like this.
  6. I remember

Tman likes this.
  7. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

We talked many times. He was a good friend.

pitman, Tman and HemiDeuce like this.
  8. atch

atch

Every since this thread came back up a few weeks ago I've been coming back to it as I have time so I could access another link that wingnutz originally posted. I've now read all of C9's stories that are linked in post #1, so tonight I began searching for more of C9's writings. Some of them I had read when he posted them. Most, for some reason, I hadn't heard about. I do remember that whenever I saw C9's avatar on a post I knew right away that I should take the time to read it 'cause it would be either very knowledgeable or very entertaining.

When I realized how many threads he posted with his stories I created a new folder in my "favorites" just for links.to C9 story posts.

I didn't count the number of entries but it appears that there are 70-80 of his stories linked. I now have links to enough reading material to last me for a long long time.

I highly recommend you do some searching of your own. ESPECIALLY those of you who joined after he passed. You'll be glad you did.

Also, just in case anyone here doesn't realize how much he meant to our community I suggest you read through the thread alerting us to his passing so you can read what we thought of him.

pitman and Tman like this.
  9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I went searching for C9s stories and only found a handful. Any way of making your list available to us mere mortals?

10. atch

atch

Here's what you do: go to C9's profile page and click on "Find all threads by C9". Or just click on the link I just posted. Note that you'll get 6 pages of his posts. BUT at the bottom of page 6 click on "Find older messages." This is in very small print in a gray ribbon. At the bottom of the next 6 pages click on "Find older messages" again and you'll get 3 more pages. So there are 15 total pages listing posts that he initiated. When you're perusing these it'll be obvious which are story threads and which are other threads. Many of his other posts show tech tips that you'll probably want to read also.

And if you really want to comprehend the scope of his knowledge and help he gave freely go to "Find all content by C9" and see the other 9 + thousand pearls of his wisdom that he shared with us.

b-t-w; he mentioned a writers' board on here but I can't find it. Maybe it's defunct or maybe I'm just not smart enough to find it. If this is still active and someone can direct us to it I'd be most appreciative.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  11. Frankie47 likes this.
  12. atch

atch

When I go there I get "there are no threads to display". Am I doing something wrong?

13. Mike, I just clicked on the link and it took me to the writers board so I don't have an answer at the moment. I have a subscription to that. Maybe that is what's different. If I come up with something I'll let you know.

14. SR100

SR100

You aren't a member of the group. To join a social group, on that group's page, click on the downward triangle next to 'Social Forum Tools' (it's on the right just above the black header bar that reads Title, Start Date, Replies, Views, Last Message), click on 'Join Social Forum'. Unless its a private group that requires the approval of the group's founder, Robert is your mother's brother...

15. atch

atch

OK. I joined the social group and now the contents show up.

THANX.

16. atch

atch

How' bout some more stories?

I knew that 40studedude posted lots of stories back when there was a tradition of "Friday Nite Reads" but I couldn't find any of them. I just figured it out.

Go to "Search" at the top of the page.

Search for "Friday"; check "Search titles only"; in the "Posted by member" box type in "40studedude"; hit the "search" button.

You just found 3 pages of excellent stories by Roger Jetter. In addition to these stories I HIGHLY recommend you buy all of his published books. There are 6 or 7 of them. You can find his books on his website http://rajetter.com/

Most of you know him already; he's posted over 9K times on here.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  17. atch

atch

NOTE: the last post on the writers board is over 7 years old. Isn't it about time some of you talented writers out there restarted the Friday Nite Read tradition?

18. atch

atch

The formatting in some of those old story posts make them pretty hard to read. BUT; if you copy/paste into MS Word (or 'most any word processor) and do 4-5 "find & replace all" they become "normal" again. Things like quotations, apostrophes, commas, periods, etc., sometimes become pretty weird when viewing here.

19. grumpy65

grumpy65

Not a FNG, but thought I would put my thoughts forward as a "grenade inspector". Reading the content on the HAMB by C9 has been one of the most enjoyable aspects of being here. If I am feeling a little disillusioned or down, immersing in one of C9's adventures is quite the tonic.

The measure of a man should not be counted only by the number who are proud to have known him. The number of those who wish they had known him should be added to the tally. Please count me in.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020