Register now to get rid of these ads!

C4 kickdown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by altraditional, Aug 23, 2007.

1. altraditional

altraditional
    from Estland

Is it very important to connect the kickdown system to ford C4 trans? I have the vacuum in place, but no linkage for mechanical kick.

2. old beet

old beet

3. Flatman

Flatman

You just won't have the forced throttle downshift (passing gear)

Flatman

4. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

My kickdown linkage on my C4 consists of my right arm and a shifter. Good to go!

5. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Funny, cause I've been living with that on my current ride for a few months. It does bug me and I will set it up someday, but I've got other fish to fry. Just hate how it upshifts so early when in drive...

6. The guys that rebuilt my C4 almost fell over when I asked them the same thing.
    They said you must use it, and if you dont there is no warranty, as the trans will burn up.

I know on 700R-4's and similar you must hook it up.

I was just about to go hook up the $50 Lokar kickdown cable I just bought......

7. Cshabang

Cshabang

mines never been set up, even before I had a manual valvebody in it...Never had issues...but thats just my story haha...

8. David Chandler

David Chandler

I drove one for over 80,000 miles with the lever wired back into the kick down position. So it would downshift whenever you got into the throttle. I bit tricky in icy weather, but other wise fun once you get used to it.

9. johnboy13

johnboy13

No you don't need it. I suppose if you really wanted it, you could hook a choke cable to it. When you need the passing gear just pull the choke out. Push it back in when your done. Good to go. JB