Register now to get rid of these ads!

C&O transmission history?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by p/ugasser, Feb 21, 2013.

1. p/ugasser

p/ugasser

Anybody know where I could find history information on C&O transmission. The C stands for Gene Ciambella, what is the O for? How the company started and the general history. Thanks,

2. yellow dog

yellow dog
    from san diego

O'Brien I think. I remember going to the shop a few times w/ Steve Korney (Goldfinger). Inglewood, Ca as I remember. Hydro choice at time (mid-60's)and later
    focused on Torqueflite combination

3. Dry Lakes Racer

Dry Lakes Racer
    from So Cal

It was definitely in inglewood near the Big Donut on Manchester. I had one of a their hydros in my Chevy II in 1963. I helped their A/G supercharge Austin pickup. I can't remember who the O stands for but I'm sure Mike Cook will. I saw their pickup run a 8.95 on a Sunday at Lions before any one had run in the 9's in A/GS but they never got the credit. Sure fun to watch

4. 1958 IMPALA

1958 IMPALA
    from CA

[​IMG]

A 58 I used to own with a "348", 280HP and a C&O 4 speed Hydro installed in 1964. I found the receipt for the trans in the glove box, and the trans had a C&O decal on it.