Register now to get rid of these ads!

c-10 arms for 50 styline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50styleline, Aug 6, 2012.

1. 50styleline

50styleline

I have read a lot on swapping the c-10 arms into the styleline. My question is can th same crossmember from the truck be used? I have access to a 70 suburban. Thinking of using airbags. Shockwaves are an option but not in the budget. Thanks in advance for any input. FYI the drivetrain will be 250/200 4r and olds bravada rear with discs and 3:73 gears.

2. Only thing I've noticed on these cars is the upper part of the frame rail is a kind of thin material, but I don't know why you can't use the crossmember as long as it will allow the arms to pivot high enough (it's going to sit lower down in the frame than on the pickup). Some extra bracing where they mount wouldn't hurt.

3. budd

budd

4. 50styleline

50styleline

Buds that so damned cool,,,,thanks

5. 50styleline

50styleline

Budd the other neat coincidence is that my other project is an Apache like the truck in that scene. Check out my profile for pics.

6. deto

deto

7. 50styleline

50styleline

Deto, that's the purple pig. Cpp was talking about marketing a bolt on kit, but I guess it never happenened. That's a really good write up on how to get it done. They fabbed up their own crossmember. I was wondering what needs to be done to stock crossmember. I am not building a tail dragger. Just need to replace closed driveline and there are so many options. Trying to get it done with what is on hand a a very tight budget.

8. deto

deto

I know. I wanted to buy one and got the same story. I say go with the stock crossmember. I bet you could make it work with a little modification.

9. 50styleline

50styleline

Anybody think running stock coil springs till I can afford something else a bad idea?

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try them and if they don't work out the way you want start looking through rear coils out of cars.

It may take a bit of hunting and trying before you come up with the right setup though.

11. MetalShaper

MetalShaper

I am going to be mounting the arms on a merc to the crossmember...it will be plated and have a support running to the main frame rail for added strength.Im not sure what yours looks like but im sure you can make it work.

12. 50styleline

50styleline

Need to look at it better but my stock crossmember on the car is too far back. Can't wait to start. I think this gonna be my best option. The bravada rear end should let me run with my skirts on. The tru-spokes that look good on the car rub during turns. Not enough offset as it is.

13. cain

cain
    from riverside

Attached Files: