Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical BW R10 Overdrive Wiring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoolYourJets, Dec 23, 2018.

1. CoolYourJets

CoolYourJets

I have been trying to get my grandpa's model A with an R10 Overdrive to kick-in. The overdrive fails to engage and I think it has a solenoid wiring problem. BTW: the Model A is still 6V positive ground.

It looks like they had the kick-down switch wired to the blue wire of the solenoid (the blue wire goes to the windings of the solenoid.) And the yellow wire, going to the core, was just grounded (though not well).

Was that wired correctly? From diagram online, it says yellow should go to kick-down. However, that's for 12V Negative ground systems. Maybe my grandpa was correct?
    View attachment 4136069

2. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Couple wiring diagrams here for the later models, I suspect they’re the same except for wire color. You should be able to trace it out. A search here will turn up info also. I know the 6v positive and 12 volt negative (from 55 to 56) diagrams were very similar.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256360

3. oldsman41

oldsman41

I believe Mac van pelt should be able to help if he’s on here. I got my reading material off the net google r 10 overdrive and you should be good to go.

4. 42merc

42merc

Pose your question on the Ford Barn site.
    This used to be a common modification in the Model A world.
    Lots of old timers ready to help over there.

Register now to get rid of these ads!