Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buying a Fe ford engine in Austin TX area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vee 888, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Vee 888

Vee 888
    from texas

I have been looking for a donor Fe ford engine and trans to fit my 57 Ford. I just want a runner that will do the job or better. a rebuild later is planned. the problem I have is everything I look at is overpriced to the max, even crap that has been siezed for years. Am I missing something here or maybe the Texas blocks had a special gold metal content that I do not know of. Anyone got something at a reasonable price, I will be happy to talk to you.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There should still be a lot of late 60' early 70's Galaxies still running around with FE motors in them that you can buy and drive home. Probably for less than what you would buy an unknown engine sitting on a pallet for.

3. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

Trucks ran them thru '76. The truck engines are low compression and a little short on power, especially the 360, but will rebuild as good as any other 390 block.

4. cracker head

cracker head

How much you looking to spend?

5. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

funny i have a 352 with trans complete listed for $300 and haven't had a single call on it in san diego

6. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

go check the pick-n-pull up in Killeen..last time i was there they had several FE's truck & car engines..prices are resonable. give them a call (254) 939-6700 I picked up a 400M ford engine out of a mercury herse (you dont see those to often) from them for about 350..you can get a trans from them for about 150.