Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Buyers & Sellers, Shipping Info. Re: Corona Virus.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Apr 16, 2020.

1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I recently sold some parts on the HAMB to a member from Finland. After seversal attempts to send parcel through Postal System I found out that several Countries are not being shipped to on a Temporary basis. Due to the Corona Virus. Suggest members check this out prior to completing any sales.

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Good to know . Thanks .

Desoto291Hemi and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. gggholson

gggholson

I too just shipped parts to a person in Finland. When I took it to the Post Office a week ago they indicated that Finland was still on the “approved” list of destinations. It now appears that the package is setting at a Post Office Facility. Maybe flights to Europe are temporarily suspended????

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just tried to ship to the Netherlands on Tues. The USPS has a "new expanded" list of countries they can't ship to:(

5. I’m not sure if UPS is shipping to other countries. I do know that they can’t seem to deliver packages to my front door. Recently they are just dumped at the end of my driveway right off the main drag.:(
    Thieves don’t even have to get out of their car.

6. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

In uk they are ringing doorbells or knocking doors,leaving parcel on the doorstep and standing at end of driveway to watch you receiving it.sort of makes sense I suppose for everyone to stay safe but they say virus stays on surfaces??

lothiandon1940, wraymen and egads like this.
  7. egads

egads

Might sound crazy but I wipe down the boxes AND contents. ( strange days indeed )

8. Ringing doorbell, knocking, man I’ve never had that even before the virus. My only clue they delivered was the dog barking. Now my only chance is to monitor the tracking info and hopefully beat the thief to the package. The thing that pisses me off is the driver marks it as “left at front door”, my ass it was.
    ^UPS only, the USPS and Fedex bring it to my door.:)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  9. ......For a modest fee I'll sit at the end of your driveway and collect up your packages from UPS and bring'em to your front door.:D;)

VANDENPLAS and Texas Webb like this.
  10. Ok, I’ll build you a little booth so your out of the weather. Wear a nice suit and dark shades. I’ll tell the neighbors your Secret Service.:)

11. It sounds like it is just your delivery driver .
    You can call or email UPS and mention this ,,,,I would .
    It is very hard to get a route as a driver ,,,maybe this driver doesn’t really care or doesn’t realize how close he is to being replaced .
    Unless,,,,he is afraid of your dog ! That will give him an out in this instance .

I am with you,,,,,USPS,,,FEDEX,,,and UPS,,,all bring it to the doorstep .

Tommy

wraymen likes this.
  12. ^ Thanks, I have done all that and more. The dog is only out when one of us is with him. I lost a nice turn table that was “delivered” last month so I’m on the warpath.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

While I haven't had pkg-theft issues(yet), I got real tired of ups dumping pks either at the 250' driveway end(at the street), or worse, at someone elses' house - claiming it was "delivered". Not to mention the "Try to destroy the pkg n contents" attitude ups has - but at least they charge highly for it, + if you ever have to go to WillCall, hope you are retired, since that is open ~ 1.5 hrs during the afternoon when most everyone works. & when occasionally I do get a decent ups driver that puts pkg on deck at my door, they get put on another route rather quickly. To hell w/that. Years ago I went to using usps when ever possible, & finally have gotten them to permanently HOLD the pk(s) for me. That took some serious effort, but at least I now get those pkgs.
    Marcus...

Desoto291Hemi and wraymen like this.
  14. Is their room to turn around in your driveway? A lot of shipping companies including the USPS are now putting restrictions on how far a driver is allowed to back a vehicle up if at all.
    https://www.postaltimes.com/postalnews/usps-no-backing-policy-impacting-rural-glasgow-residents/

15. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Yes, it is supposed to be temporary. I hope so.

16. nobby

nobby