Register now to get rid of these ads!

Butt Welding Clamps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ryangobie, May 25, 2008.

1. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

Just wondering if anyone had any leads on some cheap ones. I'm not going to be using them a ton so Eastwood seems a bit pricey and while I was digging around the search results on here I found that HF had em really cheap and ebay did as well for a bit but those days must be long gone. Thanks.

2. DrJ

DrJ

I got mine at Harbor Freight

3. Black Primer

Black Primer

I just picked up a bag of them at HF abuot a month ago... cheap! Probably the same thing as Eastwood.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

I bought a set of 5 Eastwood clamps in Charlotte N/C, from a guy still in the package for $25.00,..... a few rows over my buddy buys a set of 4 for 10.00 and laughs at me all the way home about how bad I got ripped off,...... a week later I was in the HF store in Saginaw,..... 8 clamps for $4.99 !:eek: so I buy them and take them home,.... they look identical to the Eastwood clamps.

I called my buddy and tell him how we both got ripped off !,..... :cool:

5. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

maybe I'm just searching for the wrong thing on there website? do you guys have an item number?

6. Tindall

Tindall

ive looked on the website and never found them, but they are in the store most of the time

7. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

HF has em for cheap in the store only, online they are a different price. They are opening up one right near next week by the Woodbridge Mall that I plan to pillage.

8. BEER102

BEER102

Harbor freight is a great way to go..just bought two sets yesterday.

Attached Files:

9. Tindall

Tindall

there is also a new one in ewing

10. Nomadness

Nomadness

You can always make your own. I made some years ago before they became so popular. Square tubing, metal strapping like they use to strap stuff down to pallets, bolts and wing nuts. Use something round like threaded rod for piece that goes through strap on back side. A band saw and a drill press will speed up fabrication process. Obviously you have a welder if you are needing these.

11. upzndownz

upzndownz

if you can buy something thru eastwood chances are you google and can find most of thier products ALOT cheaper elsewhere usually local with no shipping involved EASTWOOD is about the biggest ripoff in the car world

12. Harms Way

Harms Way

Even though your are right,.... the cost of materials alone, the time involved and the electricity would cost more than $4.99 for 8 of them.

ryangobie, I only get down to Saginaw about once a month, but if you still need them when I go next time I would be glad to pick some up and ship them to you ( for what ever the actual cost is ).
    maybe some of you guys live closer to a HF store ?

13. zapp69

zapp69

14. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

just bought some on ebay,2 sets and shipping for less than eastwood

15. or for $10 and a afternoon you could make a 100 of them