Register now to get rid of these ads!

Butch's Cool Stuff. Trouble dropping 350 sbc into 50 Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MattTheGonzo, Apr 27, 2013.

1. MattTheGonzo

MattTheGonzo

I'm having trouble mounting new trans mount onto the frame cross member. The original mount is like a shock mount (two peices of rubber and flange washers) and the new mount is rectangular rubber with a 7/16" stud in the middle. The directions I got tells you to bolt on new mount to adapter plate and then drop into center hole... The center hole is like almost an inch in diameter. There is two other holes drilled in the crossmember but they're not center... I think. :confused:

2. spiders web

spiders web

The great ford gods are mad at you. To apease them you must first pull that combo out and throw it in the nearest lake. Then go and find a flatv8 and bring it home. Place it on the floor infront of tthe merc with a 500w halogen light shining on it. Close the garage and leave for 48 hours, then come back in on your knees and beg your car for forgiveness. ONLY way I see this working. Just say'in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

i think i used the engine mounts from them but ended up making my own trans mount for a 700 r4

Attached Files:

4. hippy killer

hippy killer

this is where I would start

5. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

i would do like hanginlow did and make a x member.. or get the chevy trans mount with the 2 bolts and redrill

6. MattTheGonzo

MattTheGonzo

If I could afford the ford price I would do it... but I can't. Thanks Hanginlow58... I believe I will weld in some quarter inch plate.

7. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I had to make my own trans mount in my 49