Register now to get rid of these ads!

Butches rod shop type motor mounts Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shoebox72, Jun 20, 2009.

1. shoebox72

shoebox72

My 51 ford has the BRS mount setup for the 351W. The rubber biscuits are all cracked & squeezed out. I want to replace them when I change the engine.

My question is, Are the rubber biscuits something I can get a a local parts store? If so, do they cross over to a specific application? Or do I have to order them from BRS??

Thanks. Billy

2. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Go to NAPA and get them there, I have the same set up in my car and I bought a bunch of the mounts when I managed stores for them. I will have to look around and see what the part number is but they have a book with photos of motor mounts and its in there.

For some strange reason I am thinking they fit a Tri-five chevy, but I cant remember now (sucks when your an old coot:D)

3. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I might have a set laying around that I'm not going to use. I'll take a look today.

4. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

I've got em or Eric at Riley has em.

5. doctorZ

doctorZ

are they the flathead style biscuit mounts? if so, napa here carries them.

6. Speedway Motors too, I think...

7. shoebox72

shoebox72

I'm not sure if they are the same as an early flathead.

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Not the first time I have seen this with Butches' mounts, I wonder if any are available in polyurethane? Energy Suspension has some universal listings.

9. Some folks use hockey pucks, but they would be quite a bit harder and therefore would be more likely to transmit vibrations to the chassis. The tri-five mount mentioned would be the front motor mounts.

10. shoebox72

shoebox72

I was thinking maybe the biscuits were available made out a more durable material. The engine/ mount setup has been in the car for about 5 years & was only driven for 1 season till the guy I bought the car from got it. He NEVER drove it & I've only put about 2 miles on it in the 10 months I've owned it. I'm really superised they deteriorated so badly just from sitting.

Billy

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I used their mounts to put the 351-W in my 55 Ford and only got a couple years of actual use before they went bad,I did have them about 4 years before they went on the car. They are 32 to 48 flathead mounts and available at napa.

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

BRS has went out of buisness years ago.

13. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Not really,they sell on ebay under the name "Opies":confused:

14. humpie

humpie

go to the boat store.buy a roller for a boat trailer.cut to any thickness you want on the chop saw.problem solved and parts left over for next time

15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

BRS was sold to another company over 10 years ago that disappeared within the last couple of years and Dan who sells on ebay is a former employee of BRS that made those parts for them,if you try to find BRS I dont think you will find them unless the company that bought it out suddenly reappears. The guy that started BRS is still around and sells somethings but the BRS of old is gone

16. drunknbroke

drunknbroke

Try butchscoolstuff.com