Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features But I just fed my kids yesterday... and now they're hungry again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53 sparky, Nov 11, 2013.

1. 53 sparky

53 sparky

Yeah, man. family first! That's where real riches are. The rest of it is just money.

2. indyjps

indyjps

Part out cars if you have the space

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I used to have a "Car Fund" years ago, it got mixed in with houselold funds and I've never been able to start another. If I can put $200.00 aside, a $300.00 bill arrives. eBay is dead, I'm lucky to have the pile of parts. Motivation and money, I think they left together. Bob

4. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

i do alot of side work. luckly in my life time i have learned to do auto body work, auto,marine and home furniture upholstery, wood working ,small gas engine repair,some plumbing, Drappery installation ( you might make fun of me but that shit pays alot !!!) Also do brake jobs and all the other non crazy car repairs.
    i also have an eye for what people think is junk and i see value in so i pick small items from junk yard cars for a few dollars and relist on ebay.
    i actually got my 63 mercury monterey by doing an upholstery job and it was a simple job.
    But i never pull money from my work check .
    and i always throw a small cut to my wife from side jobs and my other sales, she always asks whats this for ??? i just tell her its cause her boobies are nice.

5. Steve!

Steve!
    BANNED
    from at the gym

shit bro, my kids are hungry again too
    [​IMG]

6. How do you get a crease where your bicep is supposed to be? I don't care how many Big Macs he ate that just ain't right!!!!!!!

7. Junk picking and reselling mainly. Also, a
    Meth lab cleverly disguised as a workshop is handy.

8. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Yeah, um, message to all: This activity is a felony.

9. iarodder

iarodder

(QUOTE=crazy_tonguezz;9353621)i just tell her its cause her boobies are nice.[/QUOTE]:eek:

hilarious........I tell my wife that but I don't have any money to give her???Yet somehow she is less than impressed? I dont get it.

10. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

May sound funny but there are a lot of folks out there that need help. I know a guy that does "honey-do" posted a flyer in the local grocery store. He hangs pictures, climbs ladders, lifts stuff and does little things around the house. He mostly does side work for single women. The only difficult part is probably getting the phone to stop ringing.

11. luke13

luke13

i think that kids wearin a fat suit, now im hungry.

12. cptn60

cptn60
    from Joke City

Have to have your priorities in order; if you don't eat right it very negatively affects your ability to work on cars or anything. After attending a friends funeral we stopped drinking any soft drinks, SALT, and eating red meat AND eating out at restaurants. Weighed 302 Jan 1, now 242. That's 60 lbs off; with the added advantage I get to eat my wife's great cooking and we saved almost 2500 bucks from eating out. We also addressed what my shop had turned into. A major pile of parts and unfinished projects. I've always wanted a Tbucket(mid 60's style) so went through 45 years of stuff and came out with most of the stuff I wanted in one. Sold almost everything else on craigslist and ebay. $9972 between Set 1 and Oct 31. Enough to get rid of a storage unit, there's another 120 a month free. For me it came down to being realistic about what I can and can't do anymore. Seeing my friends widow still trying to sell his collection was a major influence. Didn't want the same burden on my wife. Having a very supportive wife is key in my case. Told her I ordered my frame; her response was "Kool. When do we go get it?" Not everyone has that, but it sure makes a difference. That's my .02

13. 53 sparky

53 sparky

Wow! It sound like you've been making some serious changes in your life and now they are starting to pay off! Keep it up, and you'll be cruisin in your Tbucket in no time.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I've always kept my hot rod money separate from my income. My paycheck keeps a roof over our heads and pays the bills. When it comes up short for whatever reason, I always offer my play money but my wife refuses it. Sometimes it's a little, sometimes it's a lot. I'll buy thngs I think I can make a buck on, resell, or do a side job, sometimes make a little bonus at work, a little here and there adds up.

Devin

15. Yeah, I looked a second time and you can see cuffs at his wrists. I need one so I don't feel left out at Walmart!

16. Steve!

Steve!
    BANNED
    from at the gym

It's ALL Muscle, Ladies!

[​IMG]

17. luke13

luke13

glasticomastitis (man boobs) at least a c cup id say. sadly irreversable unless you have surgery. this kid probly couldve bought a fiberglass t bucket body an started a project with all the money he spent on crap food an nintendo.

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I have picked up a few good deals at garage sales. I work all the time but the money just goes to keep a roof over our heads. I keep hopeing things will change.

19. wsdad

wsdad

I drive crappy old cars and use the money I would have spent on a car payment and full coverage insurance to buy hot rod peices. It helps to build up an emergency fund first, before going out and buying the parts.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  20. Steve!

Steve!
    BANNED
    from at the gym

Attached Files:

21. Haha!! looks like my younger brother when he was a kid!

I'll just quote my mom: "He's just big boned"

Me: "Yeah if all his bones were in his stomach!"

He's close to 400 bills now, probably won't see 40...

22. Body by Mcdonald's!

23. autobilly

autobilly

If any of the cars need it to run, I can buy it. That said, I'm a Mechanic and she's not.;) She has to take my word for it.:) But with great power comes great responsibility.:eek:

24. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Yup.

Fat chicks need lovin' too . . . but they gotta pay. ;)

:D

It's funny, I started building hotrod parts so that I would have an excuse to build hotrods.

Now I haven't laid a productive finger on my 36 literally in years.

So, it turns out that I don't need a hotrod fund anymore. :rolleyes:

25. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Every damned thing is illegal anymore. :mad:

I bet every single person on this board breaks more than one federal, state, or local law every single day without even knowing it.

The list of Federal laws is something like 18,000 pages long, with the rules promulgated by the alphabet soup agencies accounting for many tens of thousands more pages.

In Soviet Russia, Regulations Rule You! No longer just for guys with funny accents.

26. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Very true and they pay well too!