Register now to get rid of these ads!

bustin ass to make a car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by touchdowntodd, May 14, 2007.

1. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

is the BEST feeling in the world and the best motivation

my friends and i are bustin ass to make a car show this friday with my car (kiltie if u are local) this is my frirst time tryin to make a date... and i LOVE the stress.

still need to finish brakes, wire the car, and do some lil stuff... mount the body back on the frame, get it runnin,,,

2. I understand the feeling. I am taking Wed. Thur. Fri. off this week to finish wiring headlights, door and trunk weatherstriping, fender welting install, accelerator pump replacement and anything else I find. This is for a car show at Hooters in Odessa on Saturday. Good luck with your build.

Bo

3. HotRodDriver

HotRodDriver
    from Oklahoma

I don't know, man, I have missed about three deadlines this year, and I'm about beat - really having trouble getting myself up to keep at it. Oh, well.

4. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

I know what you mean from both sides of the fence; now I'm in a family that runs one monthly that's now co-hosted by my car club, trying to squeeze out time to get my '57 Effie back out there while helping prepare & promote each show. What a rush, though! It sucks not being able to have my rod ready at my own family's show, yet it's all the more motivation to make it each time.
    BTW, 26Tudor, the next one @ Toni's Burgers is June 1, 5:30. It's the tailend of a vacation week I'm taking for Paso, gonna devote as much of that last week o' May to getting Dicey Donna back out there. At least the tags are paid up.
    Crusty Nut can tell ya what a madman I was trying to button up the '57 for a local show (last year?), he cruised by my garage when the nearby show had already started. We made it out there, but man what a rush! Good post, I feel ya.

5. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Saw your car at the Kiltie, looks Bitchin!

6. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

car wasnt done for the kilte, i missed out, you saw johnnys with me sittin in it probly..

you will see it soon though

7. hotrodwagon

hotrodwagon

I busted my bellhousing where the starter is'if I don't find one I guess it will be push power start but I won't miss it for the world...