Register now to get rid of these ads!

BUSTER LITTON FORD: anybody know how the top was done?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

considering a hardtop chop for my shoebox,,,i dont want to go real radical,,so many ive seen are overchopped in my opinion,,,,,to me the buster litton ford has THE best lines of any hardtopped shoebox PERIOD,,,,,absolute perfection,,,,,,,,does anyone have any specific information as to how the roof was done,,,if i could duplicate the roofline on that car, id be in heaven,,,,,,,i dont have any way to post a pic of the litton car,,maybe someone could post one though,,

Attached Files:

2. 'Mo

'Mo

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Once again, thanks to Rikster (of course!)

[​IMG]

3. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

went to riksters site too,,,found this info: chopped 3" front, 6" rear,,windshield laid back slightly....

MAN,,,if i can get this figured out,,,,,,,,,wow,,

4. Flop

Flop

get cuttin hahahaha!!!!!1

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

yeah,,,,i was actually thinking that the chop didnt appear to be as much as that

6. That is the perfect chop to copy if you are going to hardtop it. That profile is perfect. Sam was a master.

7. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Remember, the door tops and meat around the windows are gone because it's hard-topped...
    This makes the window openings bigger that a comperable basic chop...
    I think the numbers sound about right. But that being said, most of the numbers surrounding Barris cars or cars Barris hi-lighted seem suspect to me...
    I think a lot of it was just marketting. And if the numbers on the litton car came from Barris, I'd question them because I don't think they even chopped that car.

This might be one of those 'cut and try... repeat...' processes to get it right.

8. The Buster Litton Ford is the most beautiful shoebox ever...imho.