Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buried car...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RetroJoe, Oct 22, 2006.

1. RetroJoe

RetroJoe

2. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Right on I have been waiting along time to see this event. No matter how it turns out should be fun to say the least. John

3. hvychvy

hvychvy

when in 07 are they doin it?

4. squirrel

squirrel

5. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Thats going to be so cool, I might have to make the drive to see it in person

6. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

thats so bad ass.

7. 36--Coupe

36--Coupe
    from chitown

It will be a neat thing no mater what, but I would put my money on the vault being full of water for the better part of the last 50 years and not much, if any thing has survived in good condition. If they had put the vault in the Court House it would have been a different story.

36RRC

8. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

9. RetroJoe

RetroJoe

I wonder how much water ,if any has leaked into the tomb as well. It could be sitting there filled to the top with water just rusting away....I wonder what it smells like in there?

10. Next Barrett-Jackson Multi-Gazillion dollar car?

11. we've been over this many times. but it's still cool. looks like june 15th 2007.

12. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Thats soo awesome, I can't wait to see this thing.

13. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

someone better notify FOX/NBC or whatever news so i can watch it via LIVE TV without stupid internet stuff.

14. PSYCHOMOTO

PSYCHOMOTO

ill be there to get a video of it

15. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I sure hope I'll be there cause I was there when they buried it.

16. HydroClyde

HydroClyde

That's the year I was born, maybe I would look better if they buried me then too?...

If it's on high ground and if they were smart enough to keep it away from trees and put it in a spot that wasn't going to driven over with heavy equipment/cars it just might be okay.

I remember a new Vega being put in a time capsule. I think it was for the bicentenial in 1976, don't remember when they were going to open it. Bet that's a big pile of rust already.

17. squirrel

squirrel

18. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Dang, I grew up in Tulsa where the 57 Plymouth is, and went to college in Seward where the Vega is. I wonder if they're gonna bury a car anytime soon here in Conway, Arkansas!!!!

19. A couple of years ago I said, I think the HAMB drags should be scheduled for that weekend... and I still think it.

Hey...! :rolleyes:
    I might know a guy who has one to bury in Staunton, Ill.

[​IMG]

JOE:cool:

20. xtralow 60

xtralow 60
    from houston

Thats bad ass ! I will be there for sure.

21. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Ha, they also sealed up oil and gasoline "incase they are not available in the future" Still really no better way to power a vehicle even after 50 years. Lucky for us too.....

22. That would be really cool to see! I wander who would get the car after they dig it up though? Maybe the owner of the car if he/she was still alive, or one of their kids? :rolleyes:

23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

The person who gets the car is the one who made the most accurate guess back in '57 on what the population of Tulsa would be in 2007. If that person is dead, his or her closest living relative gets it.

The car is in downtown Tulsa, not far from the Arkansas River. I've heard the water table is pretty high there, and the concret vault is not sealed so it's likely it's rusty like any other 57 Plymouth that's been buried in the ground for 50 years.

24. Bugman

Bugman

It's long gone. one of thost Mopar nuts from the Forward Look forum side tunneled it out 5 years ago.

When they open the tomb, will everything still be black and white, or has color seeped in?

25. squirrel

squirrel

no, 57s are all b/w, I saw this one at a local show yesterday

Attached Files:

26. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Well, I'm certainly going to be there - squirrel, your amazing!

J.

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

You were also there when they buried Jesus, old guy...:rolleyes:

This will be one of the century's must see events. Hambr's should definitely be there to document the unearthing...it's in front of and under the courthouse sidewalk. I really don't think water will be an issue. They lined the tomb with a spray rubber type material.

28. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

That's not funny at all. Well,now that you mention it I think I ate supper with him to.:eek:

29. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

They should get Geraldo to open it....................just like that gangsters locker he found. Nothing in it but a pile "O" dirt....or rust.

30. jimbob

jimbob

Working in the conservation feild relating to vehicles and aircraft at one of the major Australian museums, I'll be interested to see how this has coped with being entombed for this long. I would be interested to find out what they actually did to it when burrying it, if they inhibited any thing, with what etc.

Should be interesting