Register now to get rid of these ads!

bumper question, i need opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by r.page, Oct 12, 2006.

1. r.page

r.page

i found a 63 galaxie bumper but i have no clue how much it weights so i can figure out shipping costs. also, this guy said to make him a fair offer. what would be fair? i've seen them listed between $200 and $300+ with core exchange.
    from pictures the bumper looks straight and dirty. its off a car sitting in a field. he has the whole car listed for $250.
    any suggestions?:confused:

2. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

50 bucks tops. Of course I've been called cheap - on an ocassion or two.

Your 200 to 300 number is for a rechrome - so thta really isn't applicable - however what they'd charge you for a core is probably a little more realistic.

Bottom line - when someone aks ME to price HIS stuff - you can be sure I'm NOT gonna miss the opportunity for a deal.

The bumper's worth what you'd pay for it - offer him 40 bucks and go from there. BUT! Before you offer him anything - ask him to give a "fair" description of it's condition. Be very nice about it, but make sure you know EXACTLY what you are buying - and always assume the worst - you'll never be dissapointed that way.

3. lgh1157

lgh1157

^ start with $40, tell him he can still sell the car for $250 without the bumper.

If he wont work with you, then fuck him, you'll find one.

If it was a 64 bumper though thats a whole other story, $700 - $800 rechromed on ebay

L

4. r.page

r.page

thanks fellas, i'll do just that.