Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bumper license frames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasolinescream, Aug 25, 2011.

1. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

After some inspiration and info if possible. The car in question is a 65 Amazon mild kustom (just about HAMB friendly i've been told) and my old bumpers are a bit tired and need replacing. This is an ideal chance to do some work on some different styled bumpers for the car. I'm collecting good sections of original bumpers and i have already scored 2 x 52 Caddy rear over-riders and after 2 more. I've been thinking about adding some US license frames to my bumpers and going with a US style number plate. Apart from looking different it would mean i could shave the the rear bootlid for a cleaner look and transfer the plate to the bumper. The issue i have apart from finding 2 more 52 Caddy over-riders is where to find some suitable license frames and what model cars i should be looking at. Not being up on US cars i don't know where to start looking. As with the over-riders i know they're not a direct fit and will need some modding to fit but if only for the rear at least it would tidy up the rear no end and enable me to lose the volvo embossed boot catch and have a totally smooth bootlid. Any ideas on what models i should be looking at please, hopefully something popular would make it easier to track some down, new or good secondhand.

Any advice would be good, many thanks Dan

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Excuse me being a dumb limey but just realised that i may not have been clear in my describtion. I'm not looking for a frame to fit around the plate. I'm trying to track down a type of over-rider for the bumpers , N shaped, that bolts to the bumper and houses the plate and light. Sorry folks, i'm trying, honestly:eek:

Thanks Dan