Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bulk Brake Line?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JaysinSpaceman, Feb 17, 2007.

1. It's about time to plumb my truck with brake, clutch, anf fuel line and I was wondering if anyone has used that bulk brake line that comes in a big coil. It's deffinately cheeper then the straight lengths, but I'm wondering if it is real hard to straighten out. I can't stand it when things like brake lines are just a mess under a car. If you've used it and know how to make it nice and straight before bending up the lines please pass on the pointers. I've straightened steel wire by drawing it through a mandrel but that also makes the wire smaller in diameter so I'm not sure that will work for tubing. Any Help? Thanx in advance.

2. That stuff is hard to straighten and look anywhere near decent. Check around your local "real" parts stores. I have two that I can get Bundy line from in any length, it doesn't get much straighter than that.

3. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Hmnnn, I never had any trouble straightening it - I just unroll it against something flat. Seems to be fine. I would avoid that coated brake line - I didn't like that at all. Corroded faster than the "old" fashoin stuff and was a general pain to work with.

YMMV

4. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try bsrproducts.com . They are one of the suppliers we use locally for coils of brake line tubing for plumbing the Cup cars. Just looked at the site and they have 25' coils for less than 20 bucks. vic

5. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I've bought the rolls from Speedway before and never had a problem rolling them out on the garage floor. But if you are wanting them to be straight as a rail and don't want to put the effort into doing it, I'd buy it in lengths from a local Napa or something.

Bill

6. Thanx for the help guys. I've never used the stuff so I had no Idea how hard it was to straighten. Sounds like it wont be that bad, I think I'll give it a try.

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Napa only has 60 inch lenghts ( @ my regional warehouse store ) but Car Quest has it in 72 inch lenghts. I have never needed more than 72 inches in one run ... without a fitting so I use Car Quest :D

[​IMG]