Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Building the decklid...with pics-TELSTAR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

started fabbing up the decklid,,,worked on this all day, , made pretty decent progress.......

first i needed to build the channel or lip for the deckild to sit on,,,had a buddy bend me up these pieces,,problem is, they need to curve and follow the shape of the decklid, , , first i made a template from conduit, next i made some slits which will allow me to form the channel to the shape of the template,,after shaping, i clamped the channel to the conduit and welded it up solid....did it again for the other side, and i had my channels....now its just a matter of constructing the deck itself. i used some pieces from the original deck, as i will be incorporating the hinges into the design,,,the rear of the deck was made from a section of the original hood..going for a boattail design here,,,here are the pics...still need to build the inner bracing and the edges along the back,,,taking a break to post this,,and back to it,,(hope i get a second wind),,hahah

Attached Files:

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

a few more, , , ,

Attached Files:

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks, jim...I'm really interested to see how you do the trunk opening and lid, and fill the back in. Keep the pics coming, please!:cool:

4. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

here ya go, , ,

Attached Files:

6. pinky49

pinky49

l;ooks great!!! good to see you aren't scared to weld:)
    ed

7. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

more progress from today, , ,

Attached Files:

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Cool, Jim...thanks for the update.

9. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

decided i was not happy with the decklid i started building,,,too many pieces,,,not fitting to my satisfaction, etc., , , so i started over from scratch, , MUCH better now, , ,i still need to fill in the perimiter with metal,and do the bracing, , ,what a pain in the ass this part has been, , , by far the most difficult part of the build so far :mad::rolleyes:, , ,i think i'd rather section the car again before i build another decklid, , ,couple of progress pics,,,,,,:p:D

Attached Files:

10. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

more from today, , ,

Attached Files:

11. Man you are really frankesteining this thing together:D. How many more cars will you be able to list as donors once the declid and surrounding area are done? By the way looks good.

12. Wow, that's crazy...Looking great 7777

13. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

the deck is comprised of pieces the stock hood, the stock decklid, '56 lincoln and some fabbed up pieces,,,,

by FAR, this is the most challenging part of the build so far...did i mention it sucks buildng the decklid?...:D;)

14. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

more, , , ,

Attached Files:

15. NOTCH

NOTCH

Man this car is looking Muthafuckinbitchin!! Keep up the good work bro!