Register now to get rid of these ads!

Building An Intake W/duals For A 429 Caddy,suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BERARDO MUCCI, Nov 20, 2006.

1. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

since i can't find any affordable(or any at all) performance parts for my 429 caddy,i was thinking of building an intake with dual carbs on it.i was wondering if there are any rules like carb height ,tubing diameter,equal tubing lengths,carb cfm,etc.the motor is bone stock but i plan on building some lakeheaders and possible baffling it to keep the authorities happy.i want to make sure its somewhat driveable(idles,no flat spots,etc)and worth it before i invest all this time/money.any suggestions/pics will be helpfull.

2. Abomination

Abomination

Ditto.

Man, I'm all over this thread. I'm in the same boat, and I'll be watching this one like a hawk.

~Jason

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

4. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

i figured this would help you out since i saw your thread when i logged on.

5. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

just tried pricemotorsports,seams its only for the later caddy motorss.thanks anyway.

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

7. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

i tried lakeheaders and they had some stuff but its a four carb set-up,just a little to much for me but i got some great ideas off this sight.thanks.

8. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

Well, I am fabbing one up for a 500, I will post a tech thread once I get it done, I have been doing research and asking questions for the last six months.....

Basically I am building a tunnel-ram style intake..... but I want round runners rather than sqaure..... aesthetics, understand........

I have hacked up a few stock intakes for research/learning purposes, I did have the motor running with one I cobbled together with a butchered stock intake and some scrap metal stock I had lying around...... had two rochesters and a zip ties and it worked, but it wouldn't idle..... probably an intake leak :rolleyes:

I am also trying to figure out runner diameters, arc, etc etc.....

I was using o/a fire and coat hangers, but I am getting a wire-feed very soon and will then attempt to build a real one from scratch......

My goal is to have the carbs height equal with the top of the windshield in my 28 T bastard project..... stock rotating assembly, a little head work, headers.... I figure I won't need to go too wild with a 500 caddy mill in a (roughly) 2200 pound car.......

I am on this thread like Courtney Love on a bottle of Vicodin.......

9. LongnLow

LongnLow

hey dudes- my brother in law is working on building a 3 duece for a windsor, and he found some info on grapeaperacing.com and fredsland. good luck!

10. Abomination

Abomination

11. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

i just emailed buddy at lake headers to see if he had any intakes for a 2 carb set-up.he has one for a four carb set-up but im not that brave.

12. FEDER

FEDER

Heres a few pics of one I made last year. I did it with a bandsaw-drillpress and a heliarc. I put it on My 49 Merc with a 429 and it hit the firewall so put the 4 barrel back on. Will need to modify it or the firewall. Havnt done either yet. The carbs are from a Ford 390-406 tripower set. I spaced the carbs just like the ford so Ford the linkage works great.Check out a 383-440 Mopar intake they are REALLY close. FEDER

Attached Files:

13. I have made a few from steel tubing. it just takestime that is all. Biggest problem is to allow for shrinkage that comes from the heat generated in welding. Start long by a bit when your dome it wil fit.
    Don

14. Abomination

Abomination

How close? Close like a Ford 460 is to a Cad 472/500 close? Close enough for a BB Mopar to Cad 429 adapter to be made and be functional close?

~Jason

15. Abomination

Abomination

BTTT

Still real interested if a big block Mopar intake is close enough to the Cad 429 to have an adapter work...

~Jason

16. Abomination

Abomination

Here's one I saw in a thread on here:
    [​IMG]

~Jason