Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Building a torque motor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Dec 24, 2015.

1. desotot

desotot

In my neck of the woods, dead perch are used for fertilizer.

falcongeorge likes this.
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

he, he, he, here too, and theres enough of that on here without me adding more...:D

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

This thread is a microcosm of why the HAMB has sucked in recent years. Ask a simple question, get an answer that is totally off the radar. How do I build a high torque small block? Put a big block in it. How do I soup up my flathead? Put a small block Chevy in it. Best way to spray laquer? Use base/clear... it just goes on and on.

Back to the OP's original question. Here's a link to a great video.

383 Chevy v. 383 Mopar using nothing but stock heads. Though the Mopar's torque curve (or lack thereof, that's a flat line) is impressive, I post this for the 383 Chevy build to keep it relevant to the OP. Stroker crank, Vortec heads, relatively mild cam, 9:1 compression and a basic aluminum intake, 4 bbl and HEI... this is a street engine all day. It produces 400 ft/lbs. and up from 3000 RPM. If you need more torque than that to pull something, you shouldn't be doing it with an '86 1500 series Suburban.

jack_pine likes this.
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

From my post on page 2.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

ft/lbs. and up from 3000 RPM. If you need more torque than that to pull something, you shouldn't be doing it with an'86 1500 series Suburban.

-'57 Joe

WELL there is this house i would like to move.
    All joking aside, I pretty much made up my mind which way i'm going. And if folks will read early in post i said i also need a motor for my 59 el camino.. I stick with what works. Many thanks to all that posted.although some of you would not post anything about what cam to use, and i understand that.But i really would like some cam ideas as for making low end torque. again many thanks to all that had something informative to say about my question.

B A King

6. 283john likes this.