Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Build Your Own (die cast) Hot Rod!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Build Your Own (die cast) Hot Rod!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

Here is my Acme 32 roadster.

acme 32 kit (6) (800x600).jpg acme 32 kit (10) (800x600).jpg

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

The box art reminds me of their previous kit. This is a new one, right? Price? Thanx, Gary

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Wow, not even that bad of a price for it either.

5. 5window

5window

If I am reading their website correctly, the kit was $129 and is out of stock

6. Normant93

Normant93

Great post JB. When I was a kid I loved building Hubley die-cast models with my Dad.
    Of course he was all about making them accurate in every way, which also translated into the actual cars he bought/restored, he was always saying "they're only original once". Of course for me, as I got a little older and could do them myself, the real fun/creativity was combining parts from different kits to build what I considered 'hot rods' as a 10-12 year old. I think he admired my creativity, but would laugh and shake his head when he saw some of my 'creations'.
    Your post got me thinking about an A coupe, with slicks and a 'Nail-head' I built at the time, I was pretty sure it was still in the Barn somewhere in a box. So after 2 cups of coffee's worth of searching this morning, I was able to dig it out.
    This likely will be the only 'barn find' hot rod A coupe, originally built in the 60's, and in storage for 40+ years I'll ever own!
    Upon closer inspection, I also had to laugh at my 10 year old self's "creativity". the "nail head" turned out to be the original banger on its side with a chunk melted off (hot knife method) and the top of a Buick engine and some other unknown chrome parts glued on. Below are some pictures. I also found the remainders of the donor kit from a '36 roadster model my Dad built... and it had a Chevy Phaeton inside, Bonus!
    I think I might have to order some parts from Acme's website and rebuild the A to it's former glory, I suppose I'll have to leave the patina though, since it is a Hot Rod Survivor!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Ron Funkhouser and harpo1313 like this.
  7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

leave that A alone, they are only original once ya know lol

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  8. flamingokid

flamingokid

I've got some A Roadster Hubley kits in the box,maybe this is the catalyst to start on one of them.

9. I just need someone to offer a die cast '29 RPU kit!