Register now to get rid of these ads!

Build thread index

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Blue One, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm thinking that the build thread index should possibly be taken over by someone who has the time or interest in updating it or maybe cleaning it up.

A lot of the builds no longer have pictures, some of the members are long gone and there have been no new builds added for a very long time.

Just wondering why it just sits there as a sticky with no activity.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/build-thread-index.651453/

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Blue One there is a message from @Paul mentioning a PM if you have something to ad.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/build-thread-index.651453/#post-7228503

It was actually updated Last Sunday at 5:57am

The Thread is locked but actively editable. Paul is actually quite active here and always ready to assist.

As for Red x'd threads this is unfortunate...the original build of my Sport Coupe was very nicely documented but fell victim to the redx wave...

Unfortunately the only one that can edit these are the Original Posters IF they even have the time and images.

Despite being sorta in your face the top posts with locks may not be accessed in interest by many...as it may be thought of as closed for discussion...but they are actually important and helpful.

Just the other Day I recall Paul addressing build addition to that post in particular.

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Okay, good to know. I sent Paul a PM some time ago and gave him a link to my own build thread, never heard anything.

Maybe he added it and I should go look. Hmmm :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Stogy likes this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe another PM these fellas may be overwhelmed on occasion.

I always thank them it's a challenging job shifting through all the issues. Good luck on getting that resolved.

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Nope, I just looked and it’s not there. I looked at my PM, it was back in December 2018.

I’ve enjoyed a lot of the build threads on the index, just thought it would be nice to be included.
    Larry

I’ll post another message,maybe I’ll catch his attention :D

I always post my pictures directly from my computer to the forum so they’ll never fall victim to the red x Photosuckit issue :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Stogy likes this.
  6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And just like that it’s done ✅
    I heard from @Paul and he made it happen.

He also mentioned cleaning things up when he has time.

Thanks guys :cool:

Stogy likes this.